Chapter 7: Teenage Pradumna met 9 yrs old Madirakshi Padmaja

Story Unfolds :

He was sitting alone in a dark forest. A squirrel was sitting at his feet. It was his friend. Raibatak. This small animal loved his master very much. He had several animal friends too. Except Raibatak. Horse Shyam and Cat Mainak. But at the forest only two loyal friends of his was following him. Raibatak and Shyam. At this time the horse was munching green grasses and neighing happily. The squirrel was running here and there in busy mode and was eating beans or nuts that had been lying on the floor.

But their master was not looking at any of them. They were happy. But not him. He felt sad and lonely at heart. At the teenage time it was quite common for boys and girls. They wanted love from not only of their pets, but also from living human beings. Being a shy and introvert Boy in nature, he did not have many human friends. Like his other brothers. Or his father. Lord Krishna Vasudeva.

He lied on the grass for sometime. His horse came to him and tried to cheer him up. He started to lick his Master's handsome face with his tongue. But his master did not seem happy. A bit.

"Shyam, bas kar. (Shyam, don't do that please.)" He told him in irritated tone of voice.

Shyam nodded his head dismissively and concentrated on munching once more. He was not happy for his own master. He was changing day by day. He was being aloof.

The boy looked quite irritated to the horse but in the next moment he had a soft smile on his face by seeing the reaction of his horse. He addressed his horse with a sigh -

"Kas ladkiya bhi teri tarah hoten!! (Perhaps girls will be just like you!! In loyalty!!)"

The reason of his such depression and anger on girls is the marriage of his younger sibling Shamb, son of young mother Jambavati with Laxmana, dearest daughter of Duryodhan. He was elder son of Lord Krishna yet he was not even engaged to anyone!! And his younger sibling was married!! That was the cause of his anger on entire womenfolk!!!

He made a disgusted face and took out his Bansuri or flute that his father had gifted him. He was a master flute player. He loved to play flute. Today he wanted to reveal his frustration and agony in the "Sur" or tune of his flute. He put his mouth on the flute and then he forgot everything around himself. It was natural to him. Flute playing was in his blood. And why not so?!! After all this teenager Boy was none but Pradumna himself. The son of Lord Krishna. Main protagonist of our story.

          Teenager Pradumna

          Teenager Pradumna

He was playing flute with his heart and soul. Without looking at his own surrounding. He did not notice that one girl was looking at him from far. Hiding behind the trees. With a doll in her hands. She was a girl of 8 with bubbly personality and cute face. Let us introduce to her. She was none but the heroine of our story. Padmaja.

               9 yrs old Padmaja

               9 yrs old Padmaja
.......

"Mujhe ban main jane ki anumati kyun nahin hain, Matashree?!!" (Why I can't go to the forest?!!) Padmaja had pouted her lips cutely.

Her brother Vrishaketu was holding her hands. He was a overprotective brother of her. He loved to protect his baby sister. Even though till now he could not protect even himself.

             10 yrs old Vrishaketu

"Kyun ki tum abhi balika ho?!! (As you are still a little girl?!!)" He replied her. Proudly. In 3 Years he had grown up unlike her. But she was still now looking like the same 7 yrs old girl who came from heaven. She did not grow a bit.

She frowned deep and then by closing her first of right palm she smacked him on his chest. Aloud. Then she ran away. From the room.

"Shaliaja (another name of Padmaja)"
Padmavati cried aloud in vain. She was long gone.

    Padmavati (1st wife of Karna)

"Vrishi, uske piche ja. (Go after her.)"
She insisted her son.

With a curt nod of his pretty head he followed his baby sister. He was a devoted son who never disappointed his mother. He would not fail her now.

Mind it now, Karna, Supriya and Uruvi all were dead. It was after the war of Mahabharata.
.........

She was hamming a tune learned from her grandmother Mata Parvati. And nodded her head soothingly. All of a sudden Pradumna had stopped playing his flute and looked at her direction. He heard her baby voice.

She opened her eyes wide in horror. Then she looked straight in his eyes. God!! He was looking at her!! Her brain refused to believe that the boy was now staring hard at her. She all of a sudden became conscious of her surroundings and then she ran away in great speed. She felt ashamed of her foolishness. Why should she start hamming?!! You fool!! God knew who was that boy?!!!

She collided with her own brother Vrishaketu who nodded his head in dissatisfaction and dragged her to the home.

"Bhaiya, woh Banshuriwala kyon tha?!! (Brother, Who is that flute player?!!)" She asked him repeatedly. Without knowing that her own fate was bonded with that boy.

Pradumna, on the contrary, felt quite overwhelmed and amused. But when he saw a mere girl of around 8 to 10 he nodded his head in dissatisfaction. By resting both of his hands on his waist. Then he made a disgusted face. His horse made a sound. He thumped on its neck and uttered slowly -

"Logo ko toh yubati milti hain!! Aur mujhe balika!! Huh!!" (Others get at least teenager while I got a small baby!! Hush!!)

But the destiny was laughing so hard by hearing his lament. He did not know that his fate was joined with this small baby. One day. Only if he could know that beforehand!!!

************************************