Chapter 99: Babru Killed Vrish

Story Unfolds :

At the border of Manipur:

The day was gloomy and long. It was as if the Sun forgot to set in the West horizon. The gloomy atmosphere was more dark by the rain of the arrows. They collided with each other. Both of these boys were fierce fighter all by themselves. None was accepting still now defeat from each other.

Babru used Nagpash. Poisonous snake with big twisted tongue and burning red eyes appeared in the tip of his arrow. Several other snakes appeared too.

Vrish used Gadura ashtra to scare the snakes. A big winged bird started to flap it's wings in the next second of using the arrow. Gadura was the arch enemy of snakes and chariot of Lord Vishnu.

There is a back story of Gadura and snake enmity. Long times ago, a Rishi had two wives. Kadru and Binata. Kadru gave birth to snakes and with the help of them captivated Binata's sons. When Binata became pregnant next time she gave birth to an egg. A huge egg. Kadru took it away and kept it in secret. More of that, Her husband abandoned her. In the provocation of Kadru. In due time, from the egg the biggest devotee of Lord Vishnu took birth. Gadura. His body was like that of a human but he had wings attached to his back and a peck on his own nose area. He rescued his mother and gave punishment to his stepbrothers i.e. the snakes and his step-mother Kadru. From that day the rivalry of snakes and Gadura became myth.

                      Lord Gadura

                      Lord Gadura

Babru used Baruna Ashtra. In just a second the sky became dark and rain started to pour down instantly with heavy thunderstorm.

Vrish used Surya ashtra. The gift of his grandfather. The Sun God. The sky became bright and sunny. The Sun had appeared. In the horizon.

Babru used Agni ashtra to captivate the young opponent. He still did not want to kill Vrish. A single line of fire emerged around Vrish and encircled him underneath.

Vrish smiled brightly. As if he liked the idea. Then he softly touched his bow "Vijay" (His father Karna's bow that was gifted by his beloved mentor Bhagwan Parashuram) and pulled it's string. An arrow appeared out of the blue. With blue tips. That was an arrow gifted by mother earth. He nodded his head to Babru and put the arrow towards the floor. A hole had emerged into the earth. For some times nothing happened. Then water flew down and washed away every single trace of the fire. Around him.

Babru smiled brightly too. He was in love with the guts of this boy. He was a boy of 19, yes, but he was an worthy opponent of him. He was truly the son of Karna.

He praised Vrish in mind "Dhanya ho, tum, he Karna Putra. Satya main. (Hail to you, o Son of Karna. I admire you. In reality.)" His little heart ached tremendously for this selfless brave boy. Till now he did not want to kill Vrish. He was just trying to capture him. Alive. But this boy was adamant enough. He would die, but would not be captivated by his foe.