Chapter 13: Vrishaketu met his future brother-in-law Pradumna

Story Unfolds :

One day after some months Vrisaketu went to hunt alone. He was followed by his army. But he did not take his sister Padmaja with himself. Even if she insisted him repeatedly regardless of his constant refusal.

"Bhai, mujhe le chalo na apni sath. Mujhe yudhha karna ata hain. (Please brother take me with you. I want to fight along you.)" She insisted him. She was desperate to go with him.

He made a disgusted face. And then he pulled her open hair with his left palm by telling this -

"Ja. Ja. Tuh aur yudhha!! Woh toh tuh kebal mere sath hi kar Sakti hain. (Go. Just go. You can fight alright but only with me.)"

"Main tere khun pi jaungi

"Main tere khun pi jaungi. (I will kill you and drink your blood.)" Padmaja claimed that aloud while trying to ran behind him.

But he with a big grin dodged her all attacks. She threw him a pillow and he catched it effortlessly. With a big smile on his handsome face.

"Bhai.. (Brother)" She showed him her fists and ran after him with great speed. But he dodged her attacks and ran around the room. Soumyajit had looked at this funny sibling fighting with a wise nod of his head. That boy loved to play wise every time!!!

Suddenly Vatsyala entered into the room and collided with Vrishaketu with force

Suddenly Vatsyala entered into the room and collided with Vrishaketu with force. Both the women made the faces. Vatsyala made a disgusted face while Padmaja made a satisfied one.

"Kya Vrishi bhaiya, bachho ki tarah hamesha ladte rehte hain?!! (Why you always fight like a child with Padma, Vrishi bhaiya?!!)" Vatsyala asked him with narrowed eyes.

Vrishaketu twisted his nose and get out of the room. Without any amswer.

Padmaja nodded her head upside down in deep satisfaction. She felt very happy. For the first time she was truly satisfied. Her brother at last could not taunt her anymore.
........

"Main age jata hoon. Ap piche ao. (I am going before. You come after me.)"
Vrishaketu had instructed his army members firmly.

Even if he was very cordial with his sister but he was very firm with his team members. This Raj Kumar had very gentle heart but he was a good team leader too. His army members accepted this 17 yrs boy's authority very much. They dotted upon him too much. Just like they respected his own father Karna and his elder brother Vrishasen. They nodded his head in unison. And then followed him almost immediately.

Inside the deep forest however he somehow met with an accident. He was went away while his armies had failed to follow him. His horse Shyam was so fast that nobody could follow him. He got lost. He was searching for his armies. Then suddenly a big tiger came out of the deep forest. That big animal was growling at him. He was hungry. His horse Shyam got scared of the tiger. Then he started to gallop in fear.

Vrishaketu tried to catch his buckle in vain. But he could not as his horse was too petrified.

All of a sudden he heard a barriton voice behind the tiger -

"Madan Mohan, unhe darana bandh karo. (Madan Mohan, don't scare the innocent people.)"

The white tiger looked at the direction of the male voice coming from his behind. With interest. As if he knew that his master would call him at any moment.

Vrishaketu looked at the direction of the voice. Someone was going out from the dark corner of the forest. His steps were confident. His posture was regal. His eyes were deep and calm. His face was handsome. His shoulders were broad. His hair was black and wavy. He had an arrow on one of his shoulder. The mysterious man had a mysterious aura around him. But the aura had positive vibes. You could not be scared of him a bit. You would feel friendly to him.

The man stood in front of him with calm face. He lift his eyes slowly to the face of Vrishaketu and smiled brightly as if he knew that he could come to meet him. At this moment. Now let us introduce him. He was none but the male protagonist of story. Pradumna.

           Grown up Pradumna

Grown up Pradumna

"Ayo, Karna Putra. Main tumhara hi pratiksha kar raha hoon. (Welcome to you the son of Dan Beer Karna. I am waiting for you. Eagerly.)"

Vrishaketu looked at him disbelief. He did not comprehend how this strange man could know him!!!

"Kyon ho tum?!! Mujhe kyse jante Ho?!! Kya tumhe koi deibabani huwa tha ki main yahan a rahan hoon?!!(Who are you?!! How do you know me?!! Do anyone had announced my presence to you magically?!!)" He asked him sarcastically.

But Pradumna smiled brightly and by lifting his calm eyes to him responded "Sambhata. Barna mujhe apke ane ki suchana kyse milti?!! (Perhaps. Unless how can I about you?!!)"

Vrishaketu narrowed his eyes to him in suspicion. He pulled up his bow and stretched out its string. Then in a second threw an arrow towards him. Vrishaketu was in shock!!! What the hell was he doing?!!

Suddenly he heard a loud thud sound of falling something beside him. He tilted his neck at his right side from where the sound came and with awe noticed a man was lying unconscious in the floor with an open sword in his hand. He was an intelligent boy so it did not take much time to register in his mind that this mysterious man was not attacking him!!! Instead he saved his life from an unknown assailant!! Just now!! In an instance he looked at the direction of the man standing calm before him who in his response put his index finger on his own lips to signal him to be silent. Vrishaketu was no fool himself!! He knew that this man had saved his life so he must heard some noise that he had overlooked till now!! He nodded his head in agreement slowly. The man smiled brightly with his eyes. Then he pulled his string of the bow once more. Two bright arrows had appeared in them.

Vrishaketu was alert this time. He took out his sword in his hand and had clutched it's handle tightly. He was not afraid to fight. Even if against the unknown assailants. He was so very ready to protect himself and this mysterious man from the attack. In this way in an unusual circumstance both brother-in-laws ("Jija and Saala") met with each other. Let just see what would happen to them in the next chapters.

************************************