Chapter 42: Padmaja woke Pradumna

Story Unfolds :

The royal doctor was nodding his own head in despair. He did not realize the symptoms a bit. His patient had not been poisoned anymore but he failed to regain his senses till now. For 2 days he was sleeping. He never been awake for once. His pulse rate was too normal and blood pressure was under control. But what was the reason of his unconsciousness the doctor had not understanding a bit.

"Kyan huwa?!! (What happened?!!)" Mother of the patient was asking him in shock.

"Patah nahin, Maharani. Kuch samajh nahin ata. (I don't know, my Queen. I can't comprehend the symptoms.)" He answered her truthfully.

Devi Rukhsmini looked at him tiredly. She was sitting upright beside her only son Pradumna since 2 nights. At the reapeted insistence of Satyavama or Jamvavati she did not move from his side. Satyavama sat beside him on the 1st day while Jamvavati on 2nd.

                      Devi Rukshmini

                      Devi Rukshmini

All of a sudden a silhouette fell on the floor. She sharply turned back to face the man standing behind her. It was none but Jayanta, second son of Lord Krishna. Her anxious mother Jamuna had sent him to take care of his elder sibling, Pradumna.

      Jayanta (Son of Devi Jamuna)

"Badi Maa, ap jake bisram le lijiye. Do din se ap bhukhi pyasi hain. Main baithunga Bhratashree ke pass. (Elder mother, kindly go and take ample rest. For two days you did not eat or drink anything. I will sit beside brother.)" He insisted.

She shook her head violently in both sides. In protest. She did not want to be detached of her son. At any cost.

Jayanta sat on his knees in front of her in utmost devotion and uttered slowly this -

"Tab main bhi ap ke sath baithunga. Ap ki Khayal bhi toh kisi Putra ko rakhna hoga na!! (Then I will too did with you. Your well-being should be taken care by any of your sons.)"

Her eyes got blurred in tears in an instance. This boy always loved his Badi Maa (step-mom) more than his own mother. Devi Jamuna. She ran her hand through his hair in affection and love. His sincerity never failed to touch the core of her heart.