Chapter 41: Padmaja won everyone's heart

Story Unfolds :

She stood up at the gate for sometime. In indecision. She did not know how to pass the gate and where to go. She never came at Dwarka before. So she was sceptical. People here seemed so friendly. Even stranger passerby too nodded their heads at her as if they knew her for ages. But whether they would welcome her after knowing that it was she who was behind the illness of their Prince, she did not know that. She stood at the gateway with worried look.

But her cousin was a bit energetic than her. Babrubahan already had gone to search for someone to receive the newly bride Padmaja. He too did not know anything or anyone in this lavish city but that did not lower his confidence a bit. He had to give news to someone that he had fetched the bride of his friend Pradumna. He was very sure that someone would surely welcome her in Her Marital abode.

All of a sudden two very handsome men came at Padmaja from opposite directions. One from east and another from west. They were none but her father-in-law Lord Krishna and his third son Anushalwa, only son of Devi Kalindi, his 6th wife.

           Lord Krishna Vasudeva

Anushalwa (Lord Krishna's 3rd son)

Padmaja stood lowering her head to floor and by drawing a picture with her thumbnail of right leg. It was her signature style of showing insecurities of mind. She got the style from her own father Karna who in his younger years always did so. She broke up from her trance by hearing rustles from her both sides. She lifted her big doe-shaped eyes to see two unknown men were standing at both sides of her.

"Aao, Putri. Ham tumhare rah dekh rahe the!! (Come, dear daughter-in-law. We are looking forward to meet you in person.)" Lord Krishna replied with a bright smile on his face.

She stared at his face in true disbelief. How could he welcome her even after doing so much bad to his son?!!

He smiled at her brightly in assurance as if by reading her mind. Then he batted his eyelashes to her. It made her more comfortable in his presence.