Chapter 46: Padmaja's Hardship Ends

Story Unfolds :

She tried hard to win her husband's heart. But she found him somewhat stony towards her. He forbade her to come near him. He did not answer her any questions and seemed very reluctant to take her help. He many times straightforwardly scolded her for the mistakes that she never made ever. One day when he was trying to run behind Raibatak and fallen down, she ran to him to help him to get up. But he denied her aid and got up all by himself. His looks were cold and face was always emotionless. His big black eyes were vacant. Alas she did not know how wrong she was. He identified her even in her disguise. This foolish Princess did not know how much effort he had to put in his acting around her?!! She was acting as his maid and nurse. He was acting as aloof which he was definitely not. At least to her.

Tt the time of the midnights she went to his room to check whether he was sleeping peacefully or not. One day he was found asleep but unfortunately her end of clothes got struck in the door handle and a shrink sound had occurred. He was stark awake almost immediately.

"Yahan kya kar rahi hoon?!! (What are you doing here?!!)" He asked her in stern voice of tone.

      Lord Krishna son Pradumna

He perhaps felt ashamed as he was not wearing his Anga Vashtram before her. None became asleep with clothes. So he did not. In his worst nightmare he did not realize that she would at this very moment come to meet him. He felt overwhelmed and agitated too. The mixture of feeling bewildered him very much. He, by hiding his own uncomfortable situation, was putting most stern act before her.

But that sent a wrong signal to her. A 17 yrs old naive girl did not realize his perspective. Her big beautiful doe-shaped eyes (Her eyes were similar to her father Karna) got blurred in tears instantly. Her tears flooded her pink cheeks too. Due to her long Ghunghat, he could not be able to see her face but her trembling in voice made his fear right.

"Main toh yeah dekhne ayi thi ki ap thik ho!! (I just come here to notice that you are safe and sound!!)" She had replied him in chosen voice.

His conscience was scolding him but he put on his poker face intact. If she wanted to hide her identity from only him, then be. As she wanted. Oh my God!! Pradumna what foolishness was it?!! Were not you matured than her?! In age!! And experience!! That was the reason perhaps why people said "Love is always blind".

"Toh!! Main kya marnewala tha jo ap raat ko utke mujhe dekhne chali ayi?!! (So?!! Am I a dying man that you run to meet me at this deadest hour of midnight!!)" He pouted his lips in sheer rage. By narrowing his eyes to her too.

She stopped dead at her track for sometime. As if time stopped to pass by. Her brain refused to believe what was he talking just now?!! Then with a loud thud noise she fell down on his bedside. Her both hands full of glass bangles banged with her head. Blood poured down from her wound. Her legs felt numb. Her mind vacant. She did not dare to think of any day after his death!!!!

 She did not dare to think of any day after his death!!!!

Karna Nandini Padmaja

At the very last moment she tried to control her fall in vain. Her head even banged with the bed post. With a big noise. She fell down on the floor and instantly collapsed. Her consciousness was drifting off. Darkness ruled out of her eyes.

In the last moment she realized that someone hurriedly took her head in his laps and her limp body in his arms. She did not know who he was as she never experienced any such thing in her entire maiden life. Her brother smacked her, pulled her hair but never hugged her. It was out of custom of that era. Yes, her cousin, Babrubahan already did that but it was a brotherly hug full of love and adoration. But not this. The strongest torso that was holding her now was tremblung slightly in emotions. As if the man hugging her was scared for her. Scared of loosing her. She even in her unconscious state was enjoying it. At least in this world, except her two brothers and seven brother-in-laws, there was someone who adored her. She tried to open her eyes painfully to watch his face but her eyes were at that time blurred in blood pouring down her head. She tried to lift her limp body in vain and in the next second became unconscious.

He, on the contrary, was cursing his tongue for uttering that words to her. What was her fault?!! She wanted to hide her identity. But she never ever failed her duties as a maid or nurse. She always tried to message his feet even if she did not know how to do message. She followed him every now and then like a shadow. She tried to help him whenever he needed. He was scolding her more since he had thought that she should go away with her brother. Vrishaketu. She never complained. She shed tears constantly but did not say anything to him. Her dedication was incredible. Even his parents were impressed by her. Why should he had to say that?!!

He failed to notice her fall. He did not predict what would be the ultimate result of his harsh words. He was then thinking deep about it when he heard a loud sound and watch her falling down on the floor. He hurried to her and took her head in his lap softly so that she could not be hurt more. Then by seeing her behaving as if she could not see anything, he was petrified. He hugged her tightly in his chest with love. Forgetting his own anger and everything. Sometimes before he was complaining about her insincerity but now he was scared to death to loose her. "Love is truly blind." Right?!!

In this way that day they at last reunited with each other. In mind, body and soul. Let just hope that this union lasts longer.

************************************