Chapter 16: Vrishaketu urged for Pradumna-Padmaja union

Story Unfolds :

"Parantu yeah galat hain. Wosne mere pran rakhsha ki hain. Aur wo bhi do do bar. Tune uske saath bahat anucit acharan kiya hain. (But it was wrong to slap him. He saved my life. Twice.)"
Vrishaketu answered his sister firmly.

Padmaja was sitting beside his bed side for three days. She did not moved a bit. Nor did she ate something. He was unconscious for those days. She was so petrified for him!! But look at him now!! Scolding her as if it was her own fault!! She pouted her lips cutely in anger. She felt that her dear brother did not love her anymore.

Vrishaketu was sitting on his bed but his body was covered in bandage. He was adviced to take complete Bed rest by the Vaid. His life was saved after so much endeavor. All of his family was spending exhausted nights. Beside his bed. For three days.

"Mujhe kshama nahin mangna!! (I am not going to beg for his mercy.)" She answered proudly.

"Tab toh mujhe tere liye Mitra ko hi chunna padega us Banshuri wala ko chod kar!!! (Then I have to decide this man for you

"Tab toh mujhe tere liye Mitra ko hi chunna padega us Banshuri wala ko chod kar!!! (Then I have to decide this man for you. After dismissing that flute player!!)" Vrishaketu tried to make a joke but could not laugh a bit. His laughter was putting pressure on his wounded ribs.

Padmaja looked at her brother's face eagerly. She knew that he was trying to put on a brave face to her while he was still in tremendous agony. She felt proud of him. Her brother was the best brother of the world!!

Their mother Vrushali rushed into the room and put a trembling hand to check the temperature of the boy. He hold his mother's hand and kissed her knuckles softly.

"Chor. Maska mat mar. Darah diya tha tune mujhe!!! (Let me go. Don't try to deceive me. You already scared me to death!!)" Padmavati tilted her head to left to hide her falling tears from her children. She was petrified that she was going to loose him too. She could not cope with that. She left only these two children with her. Others were all long gone.

"Mate, rona mat

"Mate, rona mat. Main itni sighra marne wala nahin hoon. (Mother, don't worry. I am not going to die so soon.)" Veishaketu tried to crack another joke and laughed merrily in it. But in the next second he stopped abruptly. His ribs were hurting.