Liam's Scary Nightmare

Scott, Mitch, and Hudson are peacefully asleep. It is two am. Liam wakes up after having a nightmare and begins to cry. He grabs his teddy bear and blanket, and heads to his parent's bedroom.

Liam walks over to the bed and begins to poke Scott's shoulder. "Papa! Papa!" Liam whimpers and cries.

Scott wakes up, and sees Liam in tears. He sits up slowly, trying to not to wake up Mitch.

"What's wrong, bud? Come here, it's okay." Scott says quietly and he picks up Liam.

Scott kisses Liam's cheek and begins to rub circles in his back, trying to calm down his three year old.

"I had a scary dream, Papa! Clowns came to our house and took me away!" Liam says as he cries on Scott's shoulder.

"Aw, it's okay bud. It was just a dream, you are safe now bud. No clowns are coming here to get you, okay? The dream was not real buddy. Do you want me to take you back to your bedroom?" Scott asks Liam, as he wipes away Liam's tears. Liam nods no.

"That's fine, bud. You can sleep in here with Daddy and I." Scott says as he puts Liam between himself and Mitch.

"There you go, bud. Would you like a sip of water?" Scott asks Liam. Liam nods and he takes a few sips out of Scott's water.

Scott heads into Liam's bedroom and gets his pillow. "Here's your pillow, buddy. Are you okay?" Scott asks Liam and Liam nods.

Scott hears Hudson fussing, so he heads over to the co-sleeper. Scott heads downstairs with Hudson and feeds him a bottle.

Liam finds Scott's iPhone on the nightstand and begins to play his My Little Pony game. Mitch wakes up to the noise of ponies and music.

"Hey Liam." Mitch says as he checks his iPhone to see what time it was, it was 2:15am.

"Hi Daddy, I had a scary dream about clowns, so Papa is letting me stay in here." Liam says as he continues to play the game.

"Aw, I am so sorry to hear that you had a bad dream, baby." Mitch says as he rubs Liam's forehead and kisses Liam cheek.

Scott comes back upstairs with a sleepy Hudson. Scott puts Hudson back in his co- sleeper.

"Hey babe. Do you need anything?" Scott asks Mitch.

"No thank you baby, I'm fine. Thanks for asking though." Mitch says and he and Scott kiss as Scott lays back down. Liam begins to yawn.

"Let's go back to sleep, baby boy. Papa and I will be right here if you have another scary dream, okay?" Mitch says as he covers Liam up with his blanket.

Liam nods as he yawns again. Liam snuggles with his teddy bear and Mitch rubs Liam's back. Liam lays his head on Scott's chest.

Ten minutes later

"Scott." Mitch whispers.

"Hm?"

"Is he asleep?" Mitch asks.

"Yeah, he is. I am glad he is back asleep. Hopefully he won't have anymore nightmares tonight." Scott whispers softly.

"Good. I hope he doesn't either. I love you, babe" Mitch whispers. "I love you too, baby." Scott says. They kiss and fall asleep. :)