First Time Holding Liam

*Throwback to the day Mitch and Scott became parents! I hope you guys enjoy! ~Bree💚

Liam is crying loudly, as the nurses clean him off. Mitch and Scott are crying too, their baby boy is here two weeks early and they weren't expecting him to be. However, they are so thrilled and excited to finally be parents. "Oh my gosh Scott, we are parents now." Mitch says as he sniffles. "I know! He looks so beautiful!" Scott says as he softly kisses Mitch.

"Congratulations! Mr. Grassi-Hoying! Your husband can come back to where you and your husband's son is. We are almost done cleaning him off!" The nurse says with a smile. "Go see him babe, I'll be fine. Take some pictures!" Mitch says as he smiles brightly at Scott. Scott and Mitch kiss. "Okay Mitchy, I love you, baby." Scott says smiling. "I love you too!" Mitch says.

Scott follows the nurse to where Liam is. Liam is being checked out by one of the other nurses. "Perfectly healthy baby boy! Congratulations Mr. Hoying!" The other nurse says. "Thank you very much." Scott says as he tries to hold back his tears. "Is he your and your husband's first?" The nurse asks as she is doing Liam's footprints. "Yes, he is." Scott says as he kisses Liam's head gently. Liam looks up at his Papa with his crystal blue eyes.

"Aw! What's his name?" The other nurse asks Scott. "His name is Liam." Scott says as he holds Liam's small hand. "He has a head full of brown hair!" The nurse says as she lifts up Liam's hat and Scott giggles. "Just like his Daddy." Scott says with a big grin. "Mr. Hoying, would you like to cut Liam's cord?" The nurse asks and Scott agrees. "Just cut between the two clamps." The other nurse says as she takes pictures for Scott.

"Good job! What is Liam going to call you and your husband?" The nurse asks as she checks Liam's length with the rolled up ruler. "I am going to be called Papa and my husband will be Daddy." Scott says proudly. "That's really sweet! Liam is twenty one inches long, let's see how he much he weighs." The other nurse puts Liam on the scale and he begins to cry. "It's okay buddy, it's okay." Scott says. "Seven pounds, seven ounces! Let's wrap little Liam up to see his Daddy!" The nurse says happily as she wraps Liam like a burrito in the white blanket.

Mitch anxiously waits to see Scott and the nurses. He is afraid something is wrong, until he sees Scott with the nurses walking towards him. "Congratulations Mr. Grassi-Hoying! Liam is a healthy baby boy!" The nurse says with a huge smile. Scott sits next to Mitch in the rolly chair. "Have you held a baby before Mr. Hoying?" The nurse asks Scott. "Not without a pillow." Scott says and Mitch chuckles loudly.

"It is very easy! We won't let him fall, don't worry." The other nurse says. Scott scoots near Mitch so Mitch can see Liam as well. The nurse hands Liam to Scott. "There you go! Just support his head! There you go, you got it!" The nurse says as she takes pictures. "Hi baby boy, happy birthday." Scott says gently, kissing Liam's forehead. Mitch rubs Liam's cheek as he looks at Liam and Scott. "You are doing so well Scott, I am so proud of you." Mitch says proudly at Scott holding their son for the very first time.

"Liam has a head full of brown hair Mr. Grassi-Hoying!" The other nurse says with a big smile. "Aw! Just like me! He looks just like you Scott." Mitch says kissing Scott. "Liam weighs seven pounds, seven ounces and twenty one inches long, Mitchy." Scott says. "He's bigger then the doctors thought he would be!" Mitch says with a smile at Scott. Mitch kisses Liam's cheek and Liam opens his eyes. "Hey baby boy, I'm your Daddy." Mitch says softly and Liam coos.

After the c-section, Mitch and Scott are in their room, resting. The doctor checks on Mitch to make sure he and Liam are both doing well. "Mitchy, do you want to hold our son?" Scott asks quietly. Mitch happily nods. "I would love too." Mitch says sitting up slowly in his bed. Mitch exposes his chest, so he could do skin to skin with Liam. Scott picks up Liam and Liam begins to fuss.

"Shh, shh it's okay Liam, it's okay. Here's Daddy." Scott says quietly, as he puts Liam on Mitch's bare chest. Liam opens his eyes and relaxes on Mitch's chest. Mitch softly kisses Liam twice. Scott takes a few pictures of Mitch and Liam during this very special moment. "He is very calm." Mitch says to Scott. "He is. You feel okay?" Scott asks and Mitch nods. "Just sore, but I am fine." Mitch says with a smile.

The nurse brings in a bottle for Liam and teaches Mitch and Scott how to hold it and how much Liam should eat. Mitch begins to feed Liam for the very first time. Scott smiles at Mitch and Mitch blushes at Scott. "Is it good, baby boy?" Mitch says quietly to Liam. Liam grunts as he eats. "He must have been hungry." Scott says as he rubs Liam's back. He has your beautiful skin, Mitchy." Scott says covering Liam up with a blanket.

Mitch nods as he burps Liam. "Good boy Liam. Mitch kisses Liam's forehead as Liam opens his eyes again. "You have Papa's beautiful eyes, baby boy." Mitch says and Mitch and Scott kiss.

Mitch and Scott spent the rest of the day spending time with their new baby boy <3