Death In The Family 2

My thought and prayers are with the Hoying's during this difficult time! #StayStrongScott💚 ~Bree💞

Mitch and Scott are laying in bed together. Mitch is asleep peacefully while Scott is just dosing off. Scott wakes up to text from his mom, Connie. He sits up, and opens his iPhone to read the text. The text says. "Hey Scott, I have some very bad news for you. Grandpa passed away about an hour ago. Dad is okay, he said to let you know what is going on. I will call you in the morning about other details. I love you, Mitch and the grandkids. Sleep well."

Scott reads the text and begins to cry. He just spoke to his grandfather on the phone a week ago. Scott decides to go to the bathroom, so he doesn't wake Mitch up. Scott walks into the bathroom and begins to cry loudly. Mitch wakes up, checks on Isabella and hears Scott crying. Mitch walks to the bathroom door and listens to Scott sobbing and hyperventilating.

Mitch opens the door, to see his 6'3 husband on the the bathroom floor curled up in a ball. Mitch begins to rub Scott's back, which startles him. "It's okay. I am here." Mitch says soothingly as Scott sits up. Scott's face is bright red and his eyes are swollen from crying. Scott lays his head on Mitch's shoulder and begins to cry more. "What's wrong, baby?" Mitch says in a whisper. Mitch tries to figure out what happened.

Scott cries some more, he can't even speak. Scott shows Mitch the text on his phone from his mom, and Mitch reads it. Mitch frowns and Mitch hugs Scott tight. "I am so sorry, baby." Mitch says quietly into Scott's ear. "It's okay, Mitchy." Scott says with a sniffle. Scott lays his head on Mitch's lap and Mitch rubs Scott's back.

Mitch texts Connie with his other hand on Scott's iPhone. Mitch texts Connie saying: "Hey Mrs. Connie, this is Mitch. Please tell Mr. Rick I am very sorry for his loss. I am with Scott, he is a mess :( I will call you tomorrow, I love you guys!"

Mitch finishes texting Connie and he kisses
Scott's forehead. "My head hurts." Scott says in a mumble. "I know it does baby, let me get you some medicine and let's lay back down." Mitch says softly. Scott nods and sits up slowly. Scott blows his nose and Mitch hands him Tylenol.

"Thank you for everything, Mitchy." Scott says as he tightly hugs Mitch. "You're welcome Scott. I love you and I am here for you, always." Mitch says as he kisses Scott softly. "I love you too." Scott says as he hears his iPhone ding.

"Can you text my mom Mitchy? Please. My head hurts so bad." Scott says as he heads to the bedroom. "I will love, just lay down and relax." Mitch says as he picks up Scott's iPhone. Connie texts back saying: "Thank you so much Mitch. You are the best. Make sure Scott sleeps, okay? Tell him his dad and I are doing okay. Scott needs to rest. Make arrangements for the boys to be out of school two days next week. I love you guys so much!"

Mitch texts Connie back saying: "It's no problem, Mrs. Connie! Scott has a headache from crying and he's laying down now. & okay! Just let me know of the days and I'll make sure the boy's teachers know what's going on. I love you guys!" Mitch texts Connie and checks on Scott. "Baby, do you need anything?" Mitch asks softly. "Can you get me a water. Please?" Scott says. Mitch nods, as he kisses Scott's red cheek.

Mitch heads downstairs and get Scott and himself a bottle of water. Mitch comes back in the bedroom and Scott is laying down on Mitch's side of the bed. "Aw, you missed me?" Mitch asks and Scott nods with sad puppy eyes. Mitch hands Scott his drink and Scott takes a few sips of water.

Mitch and Scott lay down and Mitch rubs Scott's back. "Cuddle with me, baby." Mitch says and Scott snuggles into Mitch's chest. "You feel okay?" Mitch asks and Scott nods. "I love you, Mitch. I love you so much, please don't ever leave." Scott says as he holds Mitch tighter. "Baby, I'm not leaving. I promise you I will never leave you. Don't say stuff that. You mean so much to me Scott. You and the kids are my everything. Let's get some rest. Liam has soccer practice in the morning." Mitch says as he kisses Scott's forehead gently.

Scott kisses Mitch's cheek. "Mitchy?" Scott says softly. "Yes baby?" Mitch says. "Can you rub my back? To help me fall back asleep." Scott asks shyly. "Of course, love bug. Goodnight. Get some rest. If you wake up and need anything, wake me up okay?" Mitch says softly and Scott nods. "Goodnight Mitchy." Scott says. Mitch and Scott kiss, and Mitch rubs Scott's back, until he falls asleep. Soon after Mitch falls asleep, holding Scott tightly.

<3