Sophia's Ear Infection

**Please give me suggestions in the comments! They will be appreciated! Love you guys! Thank you for the reads! Means a lot! ~Bree💋😘

After a sleepless long night, Scott, Mitch and Sophia are asleep together in bed. Sophia and Scott are cuddling. Mitch wakes up and looks over at them, smiling. He quietly takes a picture of them. Mitch picks up Isabella, changing her diaper. Mitch heads downstairs with Isabella to start making breakfast. Liam and Hudson run down the steps to play. Mitch begins to make pancakes for the kids and baby food for Isabella.

Hudson and Liam come to the table. "Thank you Daddy!" Liam and Hudson say in unison. "You're welcome boys!" Mitch says feeding Isabella. Scott and Sophia come down stairs. "Papa!" Hudson says. "Hey guys! Morning baby." Scott says kissing Mitch. "Good morning! I'm sorry I fell asleep last night Scott." Mitch says wiping Isabella's cheek. "Babe, you are fine. Sophia finally fell asleep at around 2:30ish? She is so miserable." Scott says rubbing Sophia forehead.

"I called and we have an appointment at 12. Kevin and Avi are going to take the boys to Dave & Busters." Mitch says smiling at the boys. "Oh boy! That sounds like so much fun! I think you guys should get dressed and get ready to go." Scott says to the boys. Liam and Hudson finish their breakfast and out their plates in the dishwater.

"Thank you for breakfast Daddy!" Hudson says hugging Mitch and hugs Scott. "You're welcome baby. Get dressed okay? Wear long sleeves and pants." Mitch tells Hudson and Hudson nods. "Thank you Daddy!" Liam says hugging both Mitch and Scott. "You're welcome bud. Did you hear what I told Huddy?" Mitch asks. "To wear long sleeves and pants!" Liam says. Mitch nods and Liam runs upstairs.

"Sophie, would you like some pancakes?" Mitch softly asks Sophia. Sophia nods no and rubbing her eyes. "She loves her pancakes you know that means she feels awful." Scott says with a sad face. "Can you drink this for me baby?" Mitch asks Sophia as he pours some pedialyte in her sippy cup. Sophia begins to drink it. "Good girl Sophie. She did go potty fine babe, both one and two." Scott says.

"That's good. She needs to get antibiotics. It's probably an ear infection. We just need to make sure she doesn't get dehydrated. Can you watch the girls so I can get ready babe?" Mitch asks. Scott nods eating pancakes. Mitch smiles and heads upstairs. After finishing eating, Scott takes the girls upstairs to get them dressed. Scott dresses Isabella first and gets himself dressed. Sophia is laying on her parents bed with her Piglet.

"Sophie, what would you like the wear?" Scott says holding up two outfits. Sophie picks the one on the right. Scott changes Sophia and begins to fix her hair in a little braid. Mitch comes out and smiles at the girls and walks in to check on the boys. "Let's get our shoes on boys, Uncle Kevin and Uncle Avi are coming." Mitch says to the boys. They begin to put their shoes on. "I want you guys to be good for Uncle Kevin and Uncle Avi. And, tell them thank you for taking you guys." Scott says to Liam and Hudson. Scott helps Hudson put his coat on. Liam puts one of Scott's snap backs on.

Mitch and Scott hug and kiss the boys goodbye. They watch them go into Kevin's car and see them drive away. "Okay miss Sophie, it's time for us to go." Mitch says picking her up. "We are going to the...." Scott says and Mitch interrupts. "She hates the word d-o-c-t-o-r." Mitch says spelling it out. Scott gets Isabella in her car seat while Mitch puts Sophia in hers.

Scott begins to drive to the doctor's office. Once they pulled up, Sophia knew where she was and begins to cry. "Baby, you are going to have to hold her when the d-o-c-t-o-r checks her ears." Mitch says. "Okay baby." Scott says and kisses Mitch.

Mitch picks Sophia out of her seat and begins to calm her down. "Daddy! No!" Sophia says crying. Scott picks up a giggling Isabella and they all head in the doctors office. Sophia absolutely hates the doctors and gets scared. "It's okay baby girl. It's okay." Mitch says soothing Sophia and rubbing her back. After about a ten minute wait the doctors assistant calls them back.

Sophia gets on the scale and she weighs 27 pounds and is 35 inches tall. "Good job Sophia!" The nurse says smiling at Sophia. "You are going to be tall huh? Just like Papa." Mitch says picking Sophia up. They head into the room as they wait for the doctor. Mitch hands Sophia to Scott and Scott hands Isabella to Mitch.

"No Papa! No!" Sophia says crying. "Doctor McGuire is going to make your ears feel better baby. I promise you." Scott says to Sophia. "No shots! No shots!" Sophia says crying loudly. "Sophie, you aren't getting a shot today okay?" Mitch says to Sophia softly. Doctor McGuire comes in, and asks Mitch and Scott questions about Sophia's symptoms.

"She has been tugging on her ears, she hasn't ate much, has trouble sleeping." Mitch says. "She has been drinking pedialyte and going to the bathroom fine." Scott says to the doctor. Doctor McGuire checks Sophia's heart and lungs, which sound great. Doctor McGuire tried to get Sophia to smile by tickling her. "Ears hurt." Sophia says. "Aw, I know sweety! Let me get my handy dandy tool to look at your ears." Doctor McGuire looks in Sophia right ear first. Scott holds Sophia tight.

"It's okay baby. Stay still for Doctor McGuire." Mitch whispers to Sophia. "This ear is infected. I know you are scared sweety, you are doing such a great job!" Doctor McGuire says. Then Doctor McGuire checks Sophia's left ear. Sophia begins to cry more. "It's okay baby, it's okay." Scott says. "This ear is infected too. Poor Sophia! Does she know how to swallow a pill?" Doctor McGuire asks as he checks Sophia's neck to see if her glands are swollen, which they aren't.

Mitch and Scott nods no. "She would spit it out." Mitch says giggling. "I'll give her a liquid antibiotic for her ear infection. I'll recommend giving her a light diet, the medicine might make her stomach upset." Doctor McGuire says. Doctor McGuire checks Sophia's temperature. It is 101. Sophia cuddles into Scott. "It's okay baby." Scott says rubbing Sophia's back.

"Aw, poor thing! I am not scary. I am here to keep you healthy and happy!" Doctor McGuire says. "No shot!" Sophia says. "No shot sweety. I am going to write you a prescription for miss Sophia. You can give her Tylenol for her fever. Let her take a longer nap today, from what you guys said she didn't sleep well last night." Doctor McGuire says.

"Thank you so much. Sophia, you want to thank Doctor McGuire?" Mitch asks Sophia. Sophia nods no. "Aw, I hope you feel better Sophia!" Doctor McGuire says as he leaves the room. Mitch and Scott get Sophia prescription and head to the car. "Do you want to go anywhere baby?" Scott asks Mitch as he buckles in Isabella. "No babe I'm fine. I want to get Sophia home so she take a nap. We need to get her medicine though." Mitch says kissing Sophia and Isabella.

"Daddy." Sophia says. "Yes baby?" Mitch says. "I'm sweepy." Sophia says. "I know baby, we are going home now." Mitch says rubbing Sophia's feet. Sophia yawns. Scott smiles at him and Mitch's sleeping daughters.