Telling The Boys About The Baby

*Throwback! This is when Scott and Mitch told Liam and Hudson about the new baby! (This baby is Sophia!) Hope you guys enjoy! ~Bree

Mitch is eighteen weeks pregnant with baby number three! Mitch and Scott are finally ready to tell Liam and Hudson about the new baby. Esther drops off the boys after they spent the night over her house the night before. Liam and Hudson run over to Scott and Mitch. "Hey boys! Did you have fun with Auntie Esther and Uncle Darien?" Scott asks. "Yeah! We went to the park and played hide and go seek!" Liam says. "That sounds like so much fun!" Mitch says as he kisses Liam.

A few hours later, Mitch and Scott sit down with Liam and Hudson, who are playing on the floor with their cars. Scott pulls an ultrasound picture out of his pocket. "What's that, Papa?" Liam asks Scott. Scott and Mitch smile. "Open it up, and show Huddy too." Scott says. Liam opens the picture and looks at it. "It's me!" Hudson says. "No, it isn't you! Silly! Daddy has a baby in his belly." Scott says as he gently rubs Mitch's small but noticeable baby bump. 

"Huddy, you are going to be a big brother!" Mitch says with a smile. Hudson begins to giggle. Liam begins to clap his hands and he jumps up and down. "You too, Liam!" Scott says. "When can I touch the baby?" Hudson asks. "You can feel the baby by touching Daddy's belly. Feel, the baby is kicking now." Scott says. Liam and Hudson put their hands on Mitch's belly to feel the baby and they laugh.

"When's the baby coming Daddy and Papa?" Liam asks. "December 12th!" Mitch says. "Are you excited, Huddy?" Scott asks Hudson as he kisses Hudson's cheek. Hudson shrugs. "Take you time Huddy, I know it is a lot. Papa and I both love you boys so so much! And we can't wait to give you boys another sibling." Mitch says as he kisses both boys. Scott nods in agreement with what Mitch said, and kisses the boys.

"Is the baby a boy or a girl?" Hudson asks as he touches Mitch's belly and gives it a kiss. "We will find out in a couple of weeks." Scott says. "I want a sister!" Liam says. "Me too!" Hudson says. "Daddy and I don't get to pick what the baby is, God does. If it's either a boy or a girl, we will love them lots." Scott says. "Who took the pictures of the baby?" Liam asks as he holds the ultrasound up and hugs it.

"Dr. Moore did, love bug. Next time we get another ultrasound done, Scott and I'll bring you and Huddy." Mitch says with a grin. "The baby is tiny!" Liam says. "It is right now, but the baby is growing in Daddy's belly and it will be about the size of your baby doll." Scott says to the boys.

"Does the baby hurt you, Daddy?" Hudson asks. "It doesn't hurt. When the baby kicks, it tells me if he or she is awake. The baby can hear us talking too." Mitch says. "We have pictures of you guys when you both were in Daddy's belly." Scott says as he brings Liam and Hudson's scrapbooks over. Liam, Hudson, Mitch and Scott look through the books until it is time for bed.

"I'm happy for a new baby!" Hudson says with a big smile on his face. Mitch and Scott smile in relief, knowing Hudson isn't upset about the new baby that's on the way. "I can't wait to meet the new baby!" Liam says. "A couple more months!" Scott says. Scott and Mitch do the boys nightly routine and the boys fall asleep. Scott and Mitch walk into their bedroom and lay down.

"I am so glad the boys are super excited about the baby!" Mitch says smiling at Scott. "I am too, Hudson sounds excited. I don't think he truly gets it though." Scott says as Mitch lays his head on Scott's chest. "Liam totally gets it. He can't wait to tell all his friends at school." Mitch giggles as he kisses Scott's cheek. "I love you, Mitchy." Scott whispers into Mitch's ear. "I love you too!" Mitch says as he whispers in Scott's ear. They both drift asleep, happy and excited for their future. :)