Insecure

*This will be a short one! Suggestions will be appreciated💞 This is a throwback oneshot! love ~ Bree 💄

It's been three weeks since Mitch and Scott have brought their bundle of joy Liam home. Mitch and Scott finally have a daily routine for Liam. Getting up at eight am, four to five feedings a day, and a ton of diaper changes. A couple nights a week is bath time, unless Liam throws up on himself. Bedtime for Liam at eight pm, and Scott and Mitch usually follow right behind.

Mitch has been feeling down since they came home. Not because of postpartum depression, but feeling down about his body. His flat stomach is no longer there, like it used to be. He has a scar on his lower stomach now, from the c-section. He has lost some of the baby weight after Liam was born, but not all of it. Mitch just feels gross about his body and thinks Scott doesn't think he's attractive.

Mitch looks at the mirror and begins to feel disappointment and ashamed on how his body looks now. He sighs, looking at his stomach, that still has a little bump.

Scott is feeding Liam in the living room, and giving him tons of kisses. He wonders what Mitch is doing upstairs, he has been up there a while. He finishes feeding Liam, and puts him in his swing to take a nap.

"Mitchy?" Scott says softly looking for Mitch as he walks up the steps.

"What Scott." Mitch says sniffling from the bathroom. Scott walks into the bathroom and sees Mitch sitting in a ball on the floor.

"What's wrong, baby?" Scott asks sweetly to Mitch.

Mitch begins to cry. Scott gets on Mitch's level on the floor, moving Mitch's hair out of his eyes. Mitch's cheeks are tear soaked and bright red.

"I am so ugly, Scott." Mitch says crying. "Mitchy, you are absolutely beautiful. You always have been, always will." Scott says as he rubs Mitch's back, trying to calm Mitch down.

"You are just saying that. I'm fucking fat, I have this ugly ass scar, I will never look like this again!" Mitch says holding a picture from when Scott and Mitch were teens.

"Baby, nobody looks like what they looked like as teenagers. And you are not fat Mitchy! Please stop saying that." Scott says rubbing Mitch's back softly and kissing his cheek. "Look how fat I am! You probably think I'm gross!" Mitch says touching his stomach.

"Mitchy, a baby was inside of you only three weeks ago. You can't exercise yet, doctors orders. You are not fat. And I don't think your gross at all, I think you are the most beautiful person I have ever met." Scott says kissing Mitch's cheek again.

"And. I don't even notice your scar Mitchy. The reason you have that scar is beautiful, because of that scar, we have a handsome little man that is downstairs, who is taking a nap." Scott says with a smile and kisses Mitch's forehead. 

Mitch sniffles and puts his head on Scott's chest. "Don't cry Mitchy, I wish I could make you smile." Scott says in a whisper. "I'm sorry Scott, I'm just a fucking emotional mess right now." Mitch says with a sniffle and wiping his eyes. "Mitchy, it's fine. Just relax, love. Let's head downstairs, Liam is by himself." Scott says as he gets off the floor.

Scott helps Mitch up off the floor and they both head downstairs. Liam begins to quietly cry. "Aw, what's wrong buddy? It's okay, Papa and Daddy are here." Scott says softly, rocking Liam. "I think he needs a diaper change." Mitch says as he finds a fresh diaper and wipes. Scott places Liam on his changing table and he changes Liam's diaper. "You are right Daddy!" Scott says to Mitch. After changing Liam, Scott hands Liam to Mitch to hold.

Mitch kisses Liam and smiles. "There's that smile." Scott says, smiling back at Mitch. "This is my world, you and Liam." Mitch says with a huge smile. Mitch rubs Liam's back and Liam calms down, falling asleep on Mitch's chest. Scott kisses Liam's head, and covers him up with his green blanket with trees on it. "Are you hungry, Mitchy? You haven't ate today." Scott asks as he rubs Mitch's leg. Mitch nods. "What do we have in the fridge, baby?" Mitch asks Scott softly.

Scott walks into the kitchen and opens the refrigerator. "We have a pizza in here, babe. Do you want to split that with me?" Scott asks and Mitch nods. Liam opens his eyes and looks at Mitch. "Hey sweet boy." Mitch says as he gently kisses Liam's cheek. Scott comes back into the living room and smiles at Mitch and Liam. "He is wide awake now. Hey Liam. Are you relaxing with Daddy?" Scott says to Liam. Liam yawns and turns his head. "Strong boy." Mitch says, rubbing Liam's back.

"You feel okay, love?" Scott asks and Mitch nods. "Thank you for everything, Scotty. I love you so much." Mitch says. "I love you too Mitchy." Scott says as he kisses Mitch. Mitch didn't feel insecure anymore 💜