Chase the monsters away

Prompt - Can you maybe do a prompt where Tom and Kelsey are Nathan's parents, and Nathan watches a scary movie even though Tom told him not to, Nathan gets nightmare and runs to his parents' room and tells them he watched the scan movie so they comfort him.

~~~~~~~~

It had been days since Kelsey and Tom could take time out for each other. Ever since they got married, they both made Nathan their number one priority. In fact Kelsey herself had been reluctant to marry Tom since she was nervous about what would happen to her son, Nathan. But thankfully, Tom had made Nathan his number one priority too. He was not only a step dad to the boy, he was also kind of the best friend for the eleven year old. They had slowly become a family.

But amidst caring for Nathan, they were still very much of a truly in love couple. They still went on special dates, they still made special dinner nights for each other and especially their late night movie nights. This time they settled on a scary movie night. Kelsey had made sure that her boy was already off to sleep before they put on the movie. Cuddling on the couch, Kelsey chuckled as Tom pressed a kiss to her forehead. Linking their arms together, they sat watching the movie when Kelsey heard a voice behind her, "Mom, I can't sleep. Can I watch the movie with you?" Nathan asked.

Quickly, Tom turned off the movie. A scary movie was definitely not what an eleven year old should watch. "Is it a scary movie? I wanna watch" Nathan insisted, pouting as Tom turned the TV off. "Nope, you shouldn't watch scary movies" Kelsey said as she led the boy back to his room. "I'm not a baby. I can watch it. Please... Please... I'm not a baby. I can watch it. I'm going to watch it" Nathan insisted. Tom pulled Nathan sideways, swatting his backside a few times.

SWAT SWAT Do not argue with your mum. SWAT If she said no, means no. SWAT SWAT

Tom ended the spanking as he scooped the boy up. Rubbing the boy's back, he bounced him slightly in his arms to calm the sobbing boy down. "Shush down now. You're fine." Tom soothed the boy, putting him in bed and tucking him in. "Don't go" Nathan mumbled as both Kelsey and Tom chuckled, settling in beside the boy. They gladly let go of their movie night in order to watch over Nathan. After all, Nathan is and will always remain their number one priority.

But Nathan was a stubborn kid. He was always curious. The next morning when he returned from school and found that his parents weren't back home yet, he took the opportunity to watch that scary movie that he had been restricted to watch. Halfway through the movie, Nathan had to turn it off. He could no longer watch the movie. He was already freaked out. Thankfully, Tom and Kelsey had returned back home and Nathan's apprehensions were pushed back for a while. But that was only until nighttime.

When night came, Nathan had lots of trouble to fall asleep. He kept imagining himself as being the one who got killed by the monsters in the movie. When he finally fell asleep, he woke up not long after, screaming for his mom. Kelsey and Tom came running to the room. "What happened, baby?" Kelsey asked, sitting beside Nathan and pulling the boy in a hug. "Was it a bad dream? Did you have a nightmare?" Tom asked. "Bad dream. Monsters... Kill me..." Nathan sobbed in Kelsey's arms. "Alright... Ok... Champ, come here. Come to Daddy. You're fine. There is no monsters here. Daddy will protect you" Tom said as he pulled the boy in his arms, pacing the room to calm the boy down. "It's okay. You sleep with Mommy and Daddy tonight" Kelsey assured Nathan.

"I don't understand how he got such a nightmare though" Kelsey said. All of a sudden, Tom realized something. "Nath, did you watch that scary movie that we told you not to?" Tom asked. "I'm sorry Daddy" Nathan sobbed. Still holding the boy in his arms, Tom flipped the boy over as he spanked him

SWAT SWAT SWAT SWAT SWAT

Didn't we tell you not to watch that movie?

SWAT SWAT SWAT SWAT SWAT

"I'm sorry Daddy. I didn't mean to. I was just curious." Nathan sobbed. "It's okay now. Stop crying. You see why we didn't want you to watch the movie. We didn't want you to be scared and have nightmares." Tom explained. He put Nathan down in their bed but a hand shot out to stop Tom, "Don't leave me Daddy." "Nobody is leaving you. See, Mommy is here. Daddy is here. No more bad dreams. Go to sleep sweetheart." Tom tried comforting the kid.

Nathan fell asleep that night, safe between his mom and step dad. They'll chase the monsters away for him.

A/N

Dedicated to allytod!

Thank you to those reading.

Please Read/ Vote/ Comment/ Prompt me!

xx Hailey