Hitting isn't nice

Prompt - Can you do one where Nath keeps on hitting people and Tom doesn't think he can spank Nathan for hitting because he would basically be hitting Nath but he comes up some other painful and/or embarrassing punishment?

~~~~~~~~

Every toddler or young child goes through the phase of hitting or biting people. But problem with The Wanted boys was that their youngest bandmate was neither a toddler nor a young child. Still Nathan was now going through that exact phase. He'd retort to hitting people whenever he was angry or didn't get his way. It was slowly starting to get to the boys' nerves now but how do you get a child to stop hitting without hitting him.

From the boys to the crew members everybody got a hit, a slap across the head or something equally harmful from Nathan. The boys had tried talking to Nathan and letting him know that hitting people wasn't nice but Nathan didn't seem to grasp it yet. Once, Max had even lost his cool when he saw Nathan hit Nano when the man refused to allow him to go outside, considering the massive crowd growing outside. As soon as the boy hit Nano, Max was pulling him sideways.

SWAT SWAT SWAT SWAT SWAT

When will you learn that you can't hit people?

SWAT SWAT SWAT SWAT SWAT

Max was about to continue the spanking but Nathan was sobbing out something that made Max stop abruptly. "You're hitting too" Nathan sobbed. "Not hitting. I spanked you. There's a difference" Max tried to explain. "No difference" Nathan cried but clung onto the man, letting Max rub his back and taper off his sobs. Max shared a worried look with Tom and they both mentally concluded that clearly spanking was going to fix it this time.

That's when Tom started improvising. He needed to find a way to punish the lad. He'd find corner times to be embarrassing for Nathan and imposed on it. Whenever they found the boy hitting someone because he was angry, they would bring him to a corner and let him have some cool down time. "This is embarrassing" Nathan hissed but he was still pushed to the corner by Tom. "I know buddy but I feel you owe Jay this corner time. You know hitting isn't nice." Tom said, patting Nathan's back. Twenty minutes later, Nathan was pouting as he sat down next to Tom, avoiding the looks from everybody. "It's embarrassing to be so big and standing in corner" Nathan mumbled. "Well, it's embarrassing to be so big and using your hands to hit instead of communicating with your words." Tom said. Nathan had to look down at this.

The next time Nathan tried to hit someone was at the shopping mall. He tried hitting Siva when the man refused to buy more candies but was distracted by Tom who shouted, "Nath, look they have a dog dressed as Santa." The boy turned his attention to the stuff toys and hitting Siva was completely off his mind. Tom looked back at Siva, winking at the man. Maybe distraction could be helpful. They tried another time when they were writing a song and Jay scolded Nathan for not offering any help. The boy was drawing on the sheets instead of writing. Nathan had raised his hand to hit Jay when Tom said, "that's a pretty picture. Give me a high five buddy." Nathan turned back to smile at Tom and gave the man a high five. Not long after Tom was redirecting Nathan's attention to writing the song.

But there were times when distraction wouldn't be of any help. That's when Tom came up with something. Nathan lifted his hand to hit Max at one of their shootings for their upcoming song when the man was scolding him. But before he could hit Max, Tom had taken hold of the boy's hand. "If you can't control your hand then I'm going to have to hold your hand wherever we go." Tom said. "I'm not a little boy" Nathan argued. "You're behaving like one." Max said. It had been embarrassing for Nathan to walk on set holding onto Tom's hand. If they went shopping, Nathan had to hold onto the cart. If they were walking by, Nathan had to hold hands with Tom. That way his hands were occupied and he couldn't hit anyone.

Tom had no idea which option had worked but with time, Nathan's hitting people habit had tapered off. Whether it was the embarrassment or simply the fact that Nathan got over that habit, but Nathan himself was sure he wasn't going to hit anyone any time soon. After all, like Tom always says, hitting isn't nice.

A/N

Dedicated to Aubandliv!

Thank you to those reading.

Please Read/ Vote/ Comment/ Prompt me!

xx Hailey