115

"I don't think you have any idea how much you actually scared me.." Lucy breathes out after Camila had left. She takes her place on the chair next to Lauren's bed and grabs her hand. "How are you feeling?"

Lauren blinks at her a few times before shrugging. "Pretty.. pretty okay actually.." She replies, quite surprised herself. "Headache, sore throat and a little dizzy but apart from that I feel like I had ten days of sleep."

"Accurate." Lucy says, rolling her eyes.

Silence takes over the room as Lauren stares down their intertwined fingers. It feels nice, not that special though. Her mind goes back to Camila, who had laid her hand on top of hers minutes ago. Camila's touches electrified her. Lucy's didn't really, they just felt nice. She shakes her head and clears her sore throat.

"Lucy, thank you so much for looking out for me and getting me safe and all.." She breathes out. "It really means a lot to me."

"I know it does. It's not a problem. Someone had to look out for you, you didn't really do it yourself." Lucy replies, still holding onto Lauren's cold hand while staring in her direction.

Lauren groans and throws her head back into her pillow. "I'm such a fuck-up."

A smile appears on Lucy's face. "No you're not." She replies. "You're just a little lost."

"A little?" Lauren counters, raising up an eyebrow. "I'm really fucking lost." She shakes her head rapidly before continuing. "I hurt everyone I care for and I hate it. I don't know how to stop it though, it's all so fucked up. I can't stop drinking Luce, and when I drink, I wanna use drugs. It's sick."

"You're sick." Lucy says then, making Lauren's face fall. "Addiction is something you need help with, Lauren. And that's okay."

Lauren sighs, tears filling her eyes. She just hadn't realised it had been this bad. "I know.."

Theres quiet again as a few tears make their way down Lauren's face before she squeezes the other girl's hand. "I- I think that I have to do it by myself though." She says, her words coming out in more of a whisper.

Lucy stares at her face before looking down and letting go of her hand. "I-I know you probably remember what I said the night you passed out.." She says, filling the room with even more tension. "And I- I thought about taking all of my words back.." She continues while looking back up into a certain set of green eyes. "But I can't."