29

A few hours and a lot of talking later:

"Wait.. so you're Lauren Jauregui's biggest fan but you can't hear that it's actually me?" Lauren asked the other girl while grinning. "Some bad fan you are."

"Shut up." Camila shoots back. "As if Lauren Jauregui would call a random stranger in the middle of the night. I told you before she is gorgeous and amazing but very untouchable."

"You're unbelievable, that's what you are." Lauren retorts before after a low giggle of Camila, both girls fall into a comfortable silence.

"Camila?" Lauren mumbles, her sleep laced voice sounding in the other girl's ear.

"Mhm?" Camila hums.

"Can I tell you something maybe?"

Camila nods before remembering that they are calling and not face-timing and that the other girl wasn't able to actually see her. "Of course." She mumbles.

"You're going to think I'm so weird.." She hears Lauren mutter nervously then.

"I'm weird as well." She says then, trying to lift the girl's mood. "We're both weird. It's fine."

She expected a roar of laughter to fill her ear then, but she heard the girl nervously sigh instead. "Lauren, you're scaring me, what's up?"

"Okay no whatever." Lauren says then. "It's late anyway, let's-"

"Lo, tell me what the hell is up. We've been calling for three hours straight and your'e freaking out now. What is going on?"

"I- I don't think- I can't tell you Camz.. not like this.."

"Wait where in the world are you?"

"Some tiny ass hotel room in Asia somewhere." Lauren says.

"Let's face-time."

Camila hears the other girl take a deep breath.

"Im not allowed to, Claire says-"

"Are you kidding.." Camila sighs. "Come on Lauren, I need to know if you are who you say you are. You've been telling me stories about touring ever since we started talking and we just spoke about your last album for the last hour.."

Camila and Lauren both sighed. "Show me who you are?" Camila adds, to which another quivering breath sounds.

"Okay. Ill call you on face-time in five minutes."