8 - Saint

Faye

Faye

"Don't be harsh on Janet, Tarzan." I giggled on the phone while I'm working on the color motifs for a wedding assigned to me.

"I'm not being harsh." He chuckled and I can visualize his smiles. "I'm just giving you a heads up so don't be surprised if she'll call you one of these days."

"I don't mind, Michael. She can call me anytime she wants." I smiled even though he can't see me.

"I know..." He murmured. "I just want to call you. That's all."

"Aww... Miss me already?" I teased.

I continued to play with the colors and I keep on scanning the previous designs I have since the other line became unusually quiet anyway.

"Michael?" I whispered just to make sure that he is still on the line because the call is still on-going.

"Yep. I'm here." I heard his voice and that makes me smile again. "We just saw each other yesterday. I'm not missing you. You miss me?"

"I'm not missing you too."

And yeah I think I'm lying to myself.

"That's harsh." He said with his soft voice.

"I just returned the favor, Tarzan." I maintained my high energy so he can't sense my lies.

"So..." He whispered and I just waited for his words. "You coming? To whatever Janet is planning, I mean."

"Yeah..." I answered as I checked my schedule again. "We made some adjustments on our schedules because of our work load. It's my rest day again after two days."

"Perfect." He cheered and I know that he got a huge smile on his face. Those pearly white teeth are showing.

"But don't tell Janet, yet." I said. "She's gonna call me, right?"

"Yeah, right." He chuckled. "I'll be quiet."

"That's good."

"What are you doing?"

I looked at my office door too because my colleague and close friend, Charlotte, is peeking at my door. I just gestured to let herself in and just by judging by the grin on her face as she sits on the chair in front of my table, she's just here to gossip.

"Nothing." I answered to Michael. "Usual thing. Matching some colors to recommend to my client."

"Wedding?"

"Yup." I said as I arched my brows at Charlotte who's looking at me with a smirk.

"Is that Michael?" She mouthed and I just nodded.

"I'm thinking of powder blue, navy or cornflower blue, and chartreuse. What do you think?"

I'm actually asking Michael and Charlotte at the same time. I looked at the said colors and they look elegant. Charlotte gave me a thumbs up and I just smiled.