22 - Budding Romance

Faye

Faye

I've been staring at the pool for I don't know how many minutes now. The small waves and the illusion it creates are making me feel something peaceful and calm. 

My deep emotions are mimicking the soft movements of the water. The light under the pool is hypnotizing me too. I'm just staring at the free flowing liquid but my mind is blank.

It's just peaceful.

And free.

It's like the calmness of the water waves and the bright light oozing from six feet under, imitate the thoughts and real emotions that I've been hiding in the deepest section of my heart.

It is just me in here. At the poolside. 

I'm relaxing my whole body on a comfortable chaise lounge chair under the dark night sky. I switched my gaze at the sky and let myself be enthralled at the numerous twinkling stars.

Michael and I arrived here in his home just before lunch and my whole stay in here is already overwhelming. His family is so nice and sweet. I feel home. I feel that I belong in here too. I am definitely not a Jackson but it doesn't need to be blood-related just to be called a family.

I already stayed here for numerous times already whether there is a family event or Michael just casually invited me to stay.

Aside from Michael, Janet is the closest Jackson to me. She is my younger sister too, same with Michael and Gia's relationship. She is a natural sweetheart that I can't say no to her. It's the opposite with Michael though. He is always teasing her sister by saying no or just by disagreeing to what she is saying.

The usual sibling fight.

And it's cute.

I brought my sketchpad with me but aside from the sketch of the pool I made, I have nothing. I can't think of something to draw that I can use as an inspiration in my paintings.

I just found myself sketching Michael's eyes again.

I think I can draw it with my eyes closed. I should try it sometime. The way I moved my wrists whenever I am focusing on the tiny details of his features always felt natural. It's like a routine. It's as natural as breathing and blinking.

"You busy?" 

My whole body jumped upon hearing the familiar voice and it caused me to flip the page of the book. I recovered instantly when I saw who owns the deep voice even though I already knew the person just by hearing the note.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." 

"Jesse." I acknowledged. "Hello." A smile automatically formed in my lips when I greeted him. He smiled too and his eyes are as blue as the illusion of the water in the pool.