98 - Not Okay

Michael

"Can I hitch a ride, Tarzan?" 

I arched my brows at Faye because of her sudden question. I was preparing to leave since I was the only one left with Faye and Jesse. Janet and Randall didn't wait for me and left my tortured ass in the hands of these lovebirds.

"Uh, wait. No. I am taking it back. It's out of your way." 

She muttered so quickly and I was starting to get dizzy because she kept on walking and walking and walking around, gathering some of her stuff.

"You're not staying here?" I asked with my very confused self but even before I finished my sentence, she was out of my sight again.

"She will not stay." Jesse chuckled and I directed my eyes at him.

He was just leaning himself casually on the table. His eyes were following Faye's movement around the house too just like me. He was so amazed to watch her, roaming around confidently in the comfort of his home.

"Why not?"

I expected an answer from Jesse but Faye jumped in the conversation, "We have an event tomorrow and I need to be there early. Like early early." She widened her eyes to emphasize the time. "I will go home now so there will be no hassle for Jesse and I tomorrow."

"I can drop you home." I offered.

"It's not dropping, Tarzan. My home is out of your way."

"So?" 

"So..." She roamed her eyes around.

"I can just drive you home like what we planned, love." Jesse suggested to her.

"You have a conference tomorrow. You're tired. I will not let you drive back and forth. And if you're gonna stay with me, you need to leave early so you can be on that conference on time."

"Just let me take you home. Take my offer. Problem solved." I interrupted again because we really have the answer to this problem. No need to bother.

"Tarzan, I—"

"It's not hassle. I have a driver. We can take you home. Jesse can rest. You can rest. I can rest. All good."

I chewed my bottom lip as I suggested my ways. Faye just sighed and looked at me before she met eyes with Jesse. He just shrugged, not having any problems with my suggestion.

"Well, okay. If that will make all of us happy." She surrendered and told me, "That's a great idea anyway. I renovated my place. You should see it. I changed the color of my walls and painted some random art on it. You should see it. It's beautiful. And maybe, you can stay in there too just like before. You're on vacation, right?"