93 - Missed

Faye

"Why are you still here? You have a wedding to attend to! Go home! Freshen up! Slay!"

Charlotte preached when she bumped into me in our work space. She was right, I should be in my own home right now to prepare for this freaking wedding but I am not really into attending some wedding. Planning and organizing weddings are more than enough for me.

"Char, calm down." I giggled, lifting the mood. "I am a guest not the bride!"

"Ugh." She scoffed as she followed me inside my office. "But you still need to be beautiful! You're beautiful already, I know that. What I meant, dress to impress! It's your time to shine!"

"I don't need the spotlight, Char. Besides, I already have my dress. I just need to wear it, put some light make up, and I'm ready to go."

"You're a lucky bitch." Charlotte teased me with her giddy smiles. "I'm sure, Jesse can't wait to see you in that sexy dress."

"Nothing is sexy." I said, a matter of fact. I also rested on my seat to check some files while Char just settled across me.

"Whatever you say..." She giggled. "Whatever you say. Just share the steamy info to me as soon as possible."

I glared sharply at her. She had those mischievious and teasing smiles on her face.

"Steamy?"

"Yeah..." She laughed again. "Oh come on. You and him. Wedding. Nice dress. Nice suit. Nice food and booze. Where will you head after the event? To his home, right? Because it is nearer. And?"

"Your point is...?" I tried to engage since she kept on talking and talking.

"Really, Faith? Seriously?"

"Seriously."

"Sex! I'm talking about sex!" She arched her brows at me like she was just discussing a program in an event.

I almost choke on my own saliva.

"What the hell?!" I reacted.

"What? It's a natural thing and it's beautiful. It's okay to talk about sex, Faith. We're adults."

"Shhh... We're not talking about it." I said and switched my gaze to my work.

"Uh huh." I heard her say but I ignored her. "You're just shy to talk about it with me but I do know very well that... you know." She winked, implying something nasty. "Did you two already... you know?"

"Stop being so nosy." I just answered.

Her giddy and teasing remarks kept on flowing but we got interrupted when my phone vibrated so I checked it right away. I didn't need to hear Char's discussion about beautiful future babies because of combined beautiful genes.