104 - Excruciating

Faye

"Ugh! Finally! You're here!"

Gia greeted me with wide arms the moment I approached our comfy seat in the restaurant where we agreed to meet. She said that she missed me so much that was why I also grabbed the opportunity to see my loving sister.

"I'm sorry." I giggled while we shared a tight hug.

"I thought you said, rest day? What are you doing in your office?" She asked as we both settled on our seats.

We agreed to meet in our favorite restaurant so she already ordered my lunch because she knows very well what my taste buds want but, I think, I have different preferences nowadays but the traditional order was not a problem with me.

"I'm sorry." I chuckled once again, an attempt to be happy.

Trying.

Gia just gave me an excited look because finally, we have this sister bonding that we always craved.

"I just want to be busy. I can't just stay in my home doing nothing. I want something to keep me busy and that's what my work is feeding me." I continued to bring the conversation to life.

These past few days, I buried myself with work. I was so stressed out but I remained thankful for it. Work became my escape. I could not stay in my home when I was alone. If Jesse was with me, there was no problem with that but, it was a different discussion when I had no one.

I wanted to be busy. I needed to be busy. In that way, my mind will be occupied with thoughts that really matter. I got tired of thinking about the happenings in my life.

"Sis?" 

"Yeah..." I whispered and met her gaze.

Before, she was excited but now, her eyes were worried and concerned. Did I space out?

"I drifted?" I asked her so she nodded. "I'm sorry. There is just a lot in my mind nowadays."

Gia reached for my hand on the table and intertwined our fingers. I broke my gaze from her and just stared outside since we were sitting beside the window.

"Are you okay?"

Am I okay?

I switched my sight back to my sister. I had nothing to say to her. There was no point in lying but I did not want her to know what was inside my mind or what was really happening in my life. Happiness was present but only when Jesse was with me. He became my comfort but without his presence, I was in my deepest pit.

"I don't know..." I confessed and my voice came out like a whisper. "I don't know, Gia."

My sister's eyes softened. Maybe, she felt my breaking heart and confusing thoughts.