42 - Friendship or Love?

Faye

Faye

"Is this okay? It looks shitty."

I asked Jesse since I am already frustrated at this painting. I decided to play with the colors and let my subjects, a rose and a sunflower, to do their thing but it seemed like, these flowers are not meant to be together.

They are better if they are separated and on their own.

"The painting looks great, Faith. Why are you so frustrated and disappointed on the outcome?" Jesse arched his eyebrows at me.

We are in a grassy and shady place of Michael's property. This area is so peaceful and calm. If ever you want to concentrate on something, this is the perfect spot. 

Just like how playful the world is, Jesse and I both found solace in the same spot.

I never knew that someone is sharing the solace spot with me. We never saw each other in this area not until now.

I am already in here when Jesse arrived. He told me that he can leave but I stopped him and let him to keep me company. Jesse didn't disturb me from my work and he is just lying on the ground, staring at the blue sky which is as blue as his own eyes.

He will not talk unless I'll talk to him. Jesse really gave me my space even though I already said that it is okay for him to stay. 

"I think," I examined the painting. "Red dominated this work. Yellow should be bright and lively but it seemed like yellow is very sad in this. I don't like it."

"For me, it's great." Jesse said while examining the painting too. He is sitting on the ground now just like me.

"To be honest and in my humble opinion, the dark background was able to ooze out the real emotions of the other colors. I am not an art expert and definitely not a Faith's emotion reader." He explained and that made me laugh.

"Maybe, whatever is running to your mind right now perfectly reflected on this painting. The red color dominated because maybe, that's what you wanted to show. Love and passion over happiness and friendship? Maybe?" He added as he looked at me, waiting for my response.

"Oh." I murmured. "I didn't think about that. I'm too focused on other details that I didn't  think about symbolisms."

"That's just what I am seeing in this painting, Faith. That's my own interpretation I didn't mean to—"

"No, Jesse. It is fine." I chuckled to make him feel better. "I need a critique and a help too. It's just that... this is my first painting after, I don't know. A month?"

"A month?"

"Yeah. I think it's more than that." I laughed.

"Well, this is not a bad painting after all."

"I just hope that it is not."

"It's beautiful, Faith. Trust me." Jesse looked straight to my eyes, clenching my heart.