27 - Tension

Faye

The dinner ended well.

As usual, the Jackson siblings were so full of energy that made the whole dinner fun, chaotic, and interesting. 

Everyone has their fair share of funny stories and even though a certain childhood story was already told numerous times, they were still as funny as hell.

Mama Kathy took care of the kids when the night reached its peak so we can drown ourselves with booze. The guys really took it seriously when they said that they grabbed a handful of booze at the grocery.

When the night is at its darkest, everyone retired for the night. 

Well, except for Michael and I. 

I remained sitting at the poolside while dipping my feet in the pool while Michael is still enjoying the warm water, freestyling his way from the ends of the pool.

Naomie and Anthony left first because of the kids. They are so hands-on with their own kids that saying goodbye to booze is normal and easy thing for them. 

Janet left too because her head is already spinning and she can't even walk straight. Randall is the worst case of casualty. He is so dead that Jesse needs to take care of him. That, for sure, is another hilarious story tomorrow morning.

Then, Michael and I existed. 

It's almost an hour since they left but we are still here. We didn't drown ourselves enough with alcohol so we can still stay here even though the night is already calling everyone to sleep. I have two wine glasses and a bottle of wine beside me though.

I jumped in the pool but I just stayed in the same spot. I just let my body be engulfed by the pool while resting my head at the side so I can watch the stars freely. Michael swam towards me and leaned his body at the side too but I just ignored him.

"Why did you stay?" Michael breathed.

I know he is looking at me but I maintained my glances at the twinkling stars.

"To look at the stars." I whispered.

"You can do that in your room." He said and I noticed the faint smile on his face.

I looked at him.

"You don't want me here?"

"I'm just so thankful that you stayed." 

"Great." I murmured and smiled. He let out a sweet smile too.

"Come on." He said and stood in front of me. Michael held my hands and we started skipping until we reached the middle of the pool. "The view is better here."

I looked up and a wider dark sky is flashing through my eyes. There are a lot of stars too and the moon is visible at this spot.

My stares are glued in the sky while Michael started to roam around the pool, circling me.