Chapter 58 - Number One

—————
A/n
Warning of vigilante spoilers
—————

Izuku spent the morning 'till noon helping Aizawa and Hizashi with their new house.

When Meian went out to go home, Hizashi stopped him. "Meian, can I ask for your help?"

"What do you need?"

"Umm..." He led him to a more private place.

"Is something wrong?"

"Uh, no. I just... I don't want Shouta to hear... yet."

"What is it?"

"When Shouta took out that picture, I remembered what Oboro said about having all the time in the world to take Shouta's picture." He smiled at the memory.

"Okay..." Meian was unsure where this was going.

"Well... when I think about it, we don't really have all the time in the world. So I don't want to waste any time. I... I want to marry Shouta."

"Woah, alright..." Meian thought back. "Actually, I remember you looking for rings a while back, right?" He smiled. "What do you need me for?"

"Well... currently I have no idea what I want to do... I was hoping you could give me some advice. Since you helped me and Shou get together as boyfriends..."

"You mean how to propose?"

"Yeah! That date in the forest was amazing. I could work on the rings myself... I think I have an idea for the design..."

"I could think of that... hmm... you can play guitar, right?"

"Of course."

"Can you make songs?"

"Huh? I've never tried to. Wait, are you suggesting for me to propose using a song?!"

"Correction, using your song." He points to his chest. "I'll have someone help you make one." He grinned.

----------

When he arrived back at the cave, it was already time for lunch.

He cooked lunch and gathered to eat with his family.

"So how were the lions, Kion?"

"They've improved on their stealth. I got some help from Fuli. They managed to catch her off guard." Kion reported.

"That's awesome. How about Morana's speed?"

"Honestly, they both still need more, but they've improved nonetheless."

"What about you, Izuku? You've got a story to tell, right?" Wink asked.

"Well, it's not that exciting, really. I get to call Yamada by his given name now. I call him Hiza though... he likes it because it sounds like 'Huzzah!' Like when you're happy about something. Though I don't really know anyone who says 'huzzah' when they're happy..."

Basil chuckled. "Huzzah! Sounds like a happy bee!" She laughed harder. "You know, the bees go buzz and 'huzzah' has the 'zz' sound to it as well."

The pack laughed along. Izuku imagined Hizashi being a bee. With his yellow hair, it's not that hard.

"Oh and I found out they had another friend that was in the hero course."

"Had?" Addison caught the use of past tense.

"Well... I don't know the full story, but I'm guessing he died. I felt the room darkening when I asked where he is now."

"I'm sorry to hear that..."