Chapter 96 - Targeted

"I don't know what happened! It just felt like.. I was going to be killed in an instant!"

Meian worriedly tells his story to the wolves.

"I've never felt like that before. Not even from big time villains."

"Like the one punch thingy you told us a few years ago?" Locco tilted his head.

"One punch? Oh the cartoon." Izuku thought about it. "I don't think so. If I remember correctly the monsters in that cartoon didn't feel anything before the bald guy did a punch." He hummed.

"Do you think you can be prepared if it comes again?" Everest brought the conversation back on track.

Izuku bit his lip. "I... honestly have no idea. It felt like one tap from it would be the end for me. I... really can't describe it. I don't know how to prepare for a one hit death kill." He cupped his head, trying to think.

"Do you think you can dodge it?" Basil asked.

"I hope I can. That would be my best bet to live from a one tap kill, right? The thing is, I don't even know where it comes from. It's not gonna be easy to dodge it..." He groaned.

"Hmm? You mean it blends in? Like.. the person is like wind?" Noah blinked. "No aura or anything? Breathing?"

"I can't tell, Noah. A public place. Even if I concentrate, I can't pinpoint where it comes from. There are a lot of people around and everyone breathes. The person definitely knows what they're doing so they have control over heartbeat and breathing which means they're calm. And even their aura is calm unlike another vigilante... uhh..."

"Stendhal?" Wink helped give the name.

"Yes!" Izuku exclaimed, pointing at him.

"Hmm... they couldn't be self taught then, right? They must be a professional." Addison said.

Izuku furrowed his brow. "Why do you think that? I mean... I think anyone can if they just look it up how to do it, right? Oh, and if they train multiple times."

"That's you, Izuku." Tucker sighed. "Self taught people usually have holes in their training. Perfect performance needs to be taught by multiple people. Even you have training from multiples, right? Us, your father, Nala and other animals in this forest, even from pro heroes."

Izuku looked at Tucker. "I... guess you're right. It's like I'm being targeted by the wind. They have to have the perfect techniques." He looked down, then blinked. "Wow, there is actually someone with perfect techniques..."

The wolves raised their brows.

"Oh no, don't tell me you're about to fanboy-"

"Imagine meeting someone with the perfect techniques! Oh my god!! How amazing would it be if I was taught by that person?!! I would see how the techniques are used with my very own eyes!"

Everest stood and smacked his head. "OY! Izuku focus!! This person is trying to kill you! You are the one being targeted! Reality check, you fanboy! You don't even know this person! Or if they really do have perfect techniques! We are just theorizing!"

"But Evy!! Most of our theories are right! How can I not get excited??"

"Again, you are targeted!"

"Ah- right. It would be cool if I could see it in action and dodge it! I wonder who taught them the techniques. I wonder what their story is. Why do they want to learn the techniques? How did they become so perfect on the techniques? Aaaah! I'm so curious!"