Chapter 21 - Insomnia

Izuku arrived back at the cave. All the wolves were already waiting for him. Kion was still on patrol.

"Hey, guys. I'm back."

"Welcome back, Izu." Wink greeted him.

"So how did your day go?" Addison curiously asked.

"We'll discuss it over dinner, alright? I'll cook them now."

Izuku looked at Tucker. Tucker saw the sign.

"I'll help you." Tucker said, but in his mind, he wanted to know what happened with his old friend.

"Alright, Tuck. Come on."

Izuku and Tucker talked while they cooked dinner.

"So, how did it go with Nezu?" Tucker asked.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't stop him from remembering the awful things."

"I see..."

"He remembers you, though. He didn't really know what happened to you and was worried about you. He wanted to see you again."

"He... he does?"

"He still doesn't know what happened to you though. I never told him anything. Don't worry, you can see him when you're ready."

"Thank you..."

"Oh, if you're worried about him remembering his past, he's fine. I've dealt with it. I think I did a good job..." Izuku said with a smile.

"Was it like Eraserhead?"

"Yeah... a little bit."

"Oh my goodness! You adopted him!"

"I did not! Well, we did get a little bit closer, I guess..."

"So you admitted it!"

"Anyway, the food is done. Let's go eat dinner, yeah?"

----------

"So, what did you ask and what did he say?" Addison asked.

"It was a roller coaster there. First, Tsukauchi and Eraserhead came. Second, they started asking me questions!"

"Eraserhead came? Why?" Kion suddenly arrived in the cave. "What are you talking about?"

"Ah! Welcome back, Kion. We were talking about Izuku's trip to UA today." Noah greeted.

"Do you remember? I told you that Eraser is a teacher there." Izuku reminded him.

"Oh, right. Aizawa Shouta, right?"

"Yep! Anyway, apparently they didn't believe me of what I said before, so they asked the same question with Tsukauchi there."

"Tsukauchi? The detective with the lie detector quirk?"

"Yeah. I had to be really careful with my words. I don't want to accidentally reveal you."

"They didn't suspect a thing, right?" Basil asked.

"Of course, not! It's Izuku! He'll do anything to protect us." Noah claimed.

"Well, I am also human, Noah. I can still make mistakes. It's true, though. I will do anything to protect you." Izuku said with a smile.

"Anyway, were you able to ask your question?" Addison pulled the conversation back on track.

"Yes. I asked him if a drop out can take the entrance exam. He said yes, but he also said that they would be at a disadvantage because of lack of education."