Chapter 26 - All Good Things

Izuku woke up like any other day. He made breakfast and ate with the pack.

"So did you get any ideas for that knife?" Everest asked Izuku.

"We didn't get to see what you came up with yesterday. Since you were crying over your knife." Basil chuckled.

"Sorry, everyone... guess I just really miss my old friend... Even though I'm writing to him, it just doesn't feel the same. Anyway, yeah, I managed to get something to add to my style. It's like a throwing knife, but with my foot."

"Oh, can we see?" Wink asked.

"I want to see too!" Locco followed.

"After breakfast, guys."

----------

Izuku kicked the knife upwards, and kicked it again towards a tree.

"Woah! That's awesome!" Locco complimented.

"Thanks."

"That's a great addition to your style. Do you think you can do that to any item?" Addison asked Izuku.

"Bunga usually do those with fruits. I think you can try with another item." Kion said.

"Okay. Locco, can you get me a rock? Just the size of an apple will do."

"Alrighty." Locco said, giving Izuku what he asked for.

"Thanks." Izuku kicked the rock upwards and kicked it to a bigger rock. It made a dent. "Wow. I did not expect that."

"That's awesome. Now, I better get to the waterfall. It's time for my patrol." Kion said.

"I'm going to the city too. See you all later." Izuku said, leaving the forest.

----------

"He really is a great hero. Too bad no one recognizes him..."

"Yeah! Saitama is the best!"

Izuku overheard some kids while passing by a preschool. 'Saitama? I don't think I've heard of a hero named Saitama...'

"Do you think you can do his intense training?"

"Whaat? No way! One hundred push-ups, sit-ups, and squats, plus a ten kilometer run everyday for three years is impossible for me. I can't even do twenty sit-ups in PE."

'That's the training? Really?'

"You're right... I wish I could beat a monster with one punch like him. It would be so easy to be a hero then."

'Only one punch and he beat a monster? How come I've never heard of him??'

Izuku quickly made his way back to the cave and opened his laptop.

"Woaaah, Izuku. What got you so hyped??" Basil commented.

'Search for: Saitama.'

The first line he read: 'fictional character'

'Hee? Cartoon? One punch man?'

"Oy, Izuku. What are you researching this time?" Addison looked over to Izuku's laptop to see a bold cartoon character.

"Izuku, what is this?"

Izuku sighed, "So it was a cartoon... Saitama is not real."

"Izuku?"

"Sorry, Addy. I overheard some kids talking about a super powerful hero named Saitama. Turns out, it's just a cartoon."

"Oh, I see. What does this Saitama do?"