Chapter 106 - The First Assassin

Izuku was just humming a song down the street. It was late evening, but he hadn't seen anything to make him put his hoodie on.

'I guess it's a chill day today.' He smiled. 'Even Shouta wasn't as stressed as before. I think he kinda likes paying attention to one student specifically. Though he doesn't wanna admit it.'

He giggled, thinking of Shouta rambling about Mirio so much, making sure he includes talking about the other second years once in a while.

He saw a woman bringing a basket of flowers. He smiled at her. As they crossed paths, she handed him a flower.

Blinking in confusion, he tilted his head. "Thank you?"

They got into a staring contest.

'Huh? What's going on here? Why is she just standing there?'

"Money." The woman suddenly spoke, in English no less.

"Hmm?" Izuku blinked.

"Money. Buy food."

"What?" Izuku frowned.

"Give money. Two hundred." She pointed to the stick of a flower he held.

"I... don't have any money, ma'am. I- I'm sorry." He tried handing the flower back to her. 'Two hundred for a stick of flower? I'm not sure that's a fair deal... Is a flower really that expensive?'

The woman refused to take the flower back. "No. No. You take. Give me two hundred."

Izuku suddenly felt a pressure on his shoulder. "Ma'am, he said he doesn't have any money. You should take your flower back."

He looked up and back, seeing a tall dark haired man.

"Come here, kid. You're done with this woman." He took his hand, guiding him away from the flower lady.

"Kid, you shouldn't just take that flower. It was a scam." The man sighed. "You did a good job telling her you don't have money."

Izuku was still observing him, feeling like he had felt his presence before, but couldn't quite pin it.

'I don't think I've seen him before. Sharp eyes... I feel like I would remember that if I've met him before.'

"Kid, do you actually don't have money?"

Izuku snapped out of his thoughts. "I don't."

"Do your parents never teach you about scams because they never give you money or something?" The man sighed. "Nevermind that. You should still be careful. Scammers can be meaner than that woman. they'll take your clothes if you really have nothing valuable. Maybe even kill you and sell your organs in the black market."

"Ah! I'm sorry, sir. I didn't even thank you for your kindness." Izuku bowed. "Thank you so much."

"A- What?" The man seemed surprised. "Kid, it's fine. You don't have to do that. Just be careful next time you take a walk alone."

Izuku looked up at him. 'He seems embarrassed.'

"I need to go now. Get home safe, kid."

Izuku looked at his back. 'Huh... I've been so observant of his facial features, I didn't realize he was wearing a suit. An office man? I thought offices would close way later than this hour...'

He looked around. 'There aren't any other men wearing a suit either...'

When he went to look back at the man, he couldn't find him. 'What? He wasn't that far away before. There aren't even that many people, so he couldn't be lost in the crowd. How did he suddenly disappear?'