Chapter 22 - An Eventful Day

Izuku was walking to Touya's house, when he passed the cafe where Touya works at.

'Oh! It's Touya. He won't recognize me though...'

When he turned to continue walking, he heard an explosion. 'What the- better check that out.'

He ran to where he heard the explosion come from.

'Oh shit! It's Muscular. And is that... oh no. The water hose. No, no, no! They're at a disadvantage! I have to help!' Izuku ran to an alley, put on his Meian outfit, and rushed back out.

He saw the heroine make a mark on Muscular's left eye. 'And now they made him mad. Great.' He thought sarcastically.

He ran between the villain and the heroes. "Get out of here. You're at a disadvantage." He whispered to the heroes. He focused his attention and observed his surroundings, the situation of the people around, and the heroes' conditions. He noticed one of the heroes seemed to be a bit sick. After he noted the symptoms, he realized that she was pregnant. 'What the heck??'

"Who are you?"

"It doesn't matter who I am right now! Get out of here! You shouldn't even be working!"

When the two heroes heard that, they were confused. No one knew that they were going to become parents. Not even themselves.

"I'll distract him, please just go!" Meian said as he jumped towards the angry villain.

"We can't do that! We're heroes!" One of them said as they followed Meian and attacked Muscular.

'Argh! I have no choice.' Meian ran around the big villain, confusing him. When he was sure the villain was confused enough, he grabbed the two heroes and hid in an alley.

"Are you an idiot?? You can't just fight villains when you're in that state!" Meian scolded them.

"What do you mean? Wait nevermind that, who are you?"

"I go by Meian, but that doesn't matter right now. Do you seriously not know? You're pregnant! Go home, and take a vacation or something."

"Huh?"

"If you don't believe me then go to a hospital. Do a test. Just don't fight anymore villains." And with that, he left.

"Oy, Nemi. Is he right? Are you really pregnant?"

"I... I don't know... but that would certainly explain why I've been throwing up a bunch."

"What the? You've been throwing up?? Why didn't you tell me?"

"Anyway, we should really go to the hospital later. Don't you wanna know if we're going to be parents, Kishi?"

"Well... yeah... I wonder if I'm ready..."

"Don't worry. We don't even know if it's true. I wonder how he knows though..."

"Well, I'm glad he pulled us aside. We really were at a disadvantage."

"Hey! You were the one who screamed back at him!"

----------

Meian went out of their hiding spot and went to finish off the villain, but when he arrived, Muscular was already gone. 'Dammit! I lost him. Well, at least those two heroes are alright...'

He didn't notice the crowd that had gathered.

"Hey! It's Meian!" Someone screamed.

"He's back? Awesome!"

"I saw him fighting a big villain just now! He's amazing!"

'Huh? Oh... I'm still in my vigilante outfit... no wonder.'