Chapter 114 - A Setback From The League

"Hello, Nezu." Meian grinned, greeting his friend as he jumped in through the window.

"Good morning, Meian. I have something to talk to you about."

"Yeah, I figured." He shrugged, taking a seat. "Is it about watching the entrance exam again?"

"Well, that's one of the things." Nezu smiled.

"Answer's still a no. Besides the usual reason, I'm... quite busy on the day of the exam too."

"That's quite alright. The next thing I'd like to talk to you about is All Might being a teacher here."

"Hmm? All Might teaching in UA? Why?"

"I believe All Might has told you about his quirk."

Meian nodded to confirm.

"Well, he's planning to finally transfer his quirk before the start of the school year. He asked me for my opinion. He said he wanted to be with Togata while his quirk is developing, and to mentor him more, but he still wants to continue being the Symbol of Peace, his hero work. I'm thinking of suggesting that he be a teacher here. Though... making him a teacher just for Togata is not ideal. Children talk and gossip. If they see only Togata is being teached by All Might, it would be dangerous for Togata, especially when he's not ready."

"Yeah... Villains- no, not just villains. The reporters will cram him to no end."

Nezu nodded. "I'd like to know what you think the course of action should be."

"Well, my suggestion would be not to hire All Might as a teacher at all, but if you're already set on that, then maybe have him teach other classes? I believe he'll teach Togata-kun's class automatically. It shouldn't be too suspicious if he only teaches the hero class. It's his last year, so he won't be following him throughout the year."

Nezu smiled. "Perfect. I'll have him teach the first years too, then. He isn't experienced in teaching, so I'll be limiting his classes anyway, and set a few conditions for him."

Meian frowned. "If you're already set on what you want to do, then why do you ask for my opinion?"

"I wanted to know what you think, and I am happy with your answer. With that in mind, I want to ask you a question. Would you like to be a teacher's assistant?"

"Wha- Huh? Why?"

"I figured, since I'm giving All Might an exception, then I'd like to give you a chance too!"

Meian blinked. "Nezu, that doesn't make sense. And this doesn't sound like you. Why do you want me to be a teacher's assistant when I don't even have a teacher's license, nor am I a hero. I don't have any reason to teach here either, unlike All Might."

"Well... I suppose that isn't a very good excuse." Nezu smiled, sipping his cup of tea. "I suppose I should tell you. There's this one particular prospective student that I believe you might like."

'Did he figure out about Hitoshi? Or maybe Kacchan?' Meian frowned. "Who and why?"

"His name is Midoriya Izuku." Nezu said, stirring his tea.

Meian blinked, trying his best to not show his shock.

"And he doesn't have a quirk." Nezu looked up, facing Meian.

Meian bit his lip. "Okay...?"

"It is quite interesting, since most quirkless individuals nowadays are mostly adults, and the younger generations usually, unfortunately, take their own life before they even get to be teenagers. Either that, or somehow gets killed. I looked him up. I discovered that this boy was supposedly dead ten years ago, because he went missing and couldn't be found in a month's time."