Chapter 71 - Grief

Bakugou woke up in the middle of the night because of some noise. He looked around, but no one was there- 'What the fuck?' -except a bird flopping around his desk.

He was about to shoo the bird out the window when he saw it holding a paper on its talons.

'This just keeps getting weirder and weirder. Hang on, I'm writing to Mistic. Nothing could be weirder than writing to a fucking stranger that comes to my room every night.' He thought as he just stared at the bird.

Somehow, he managed to grab the bird and took the paper out of its talons.

He let go of the bird and read what was on the paper. He didn't really pay attention when the bird just stayed.

"Hey, it's me, Mistic. Sorry, I'll be out for a while. I can't really get to you right now, so I'm sending Raven to you to send this note. If you want to tell me anything at all, write them on a piece of paper. Raven should still be there to get the note to me. If you don't, just tell him to leave. Sorry again for the inconvenience."

'Okay, this is weirder. Apparently, Mistic has a bird.' He looked at the bird. 'He's really staying... and his name is Raven when he's a raven? What the hell is with that name?'

He sighed and sat down on his desk, then grabbed a paper and a pen. 'If I give him my number... wouldn't it be easier? Does he even have a fucking phone? Too much thinking at night. I'll just give him my number and spit whatever words that come to mind.'

----------

It's been a week since Aizawa and Hizashi visited Meian. They hadn't gotten a word from him at all since then.

When they woke up, they always saw their breakfast and lunch already on the table with Meian nowhere to be seen.

"Do you think Meian's okay?" Hizashi asked.

"Well, he's still giving us food, so we know he's alive. I haven't seen him at night either."

"Think it's gonna be another month without him?"

"I hope not. The media's gonna notice his absence again."

"Unless you do a good job covering his part."

Aizawa sighed. "There's still a chance they'll notice."

"Oh, hey! Mikumo uploaded a new video and I didn't even notice!" Hizashi exclaimed, looking at his phone. "Watch it with me?"

"Yeah, sure. Why not?" He sat next to him. "What's the song?"

"Uh... 'In Case You Don't Live Forever' by... Ben Platt. Isn't that a sad song?"

"By the title, I guess it is. Just play it."

(Song: In Case You Don't Live Forever by Ben Platt)

You put all your faith in my dreams
You gave me the world that I wanted
What did I do to deserve you?

I follow your steps with my feet
I walk on the road that you started
I need you to know that I heard you, every word

I've waited way too long to say
Everything you mean to me

In case you don't live forever, let me tell you now

I love you more than you'll ever wrap your head around

In case you don't live forever, let me tell you the truth
I'm everything that I am because of you

I, I've carried this song in my mind
Listen, it's echoing in me
But I haven't helped you to hear it
We, we've only got so much time
I'm pretty sure it would kill me
If you didn't know the pieces of me are pieces of you