Chapter 23 - Joining The League

A knock was heard, "Meian? I... I've finished the test." Shinsou said, opening the door to Touya's room.

"Oh! How do you think you did?" Meian asked.

"I... I don't know..."

"A test?" Touya asked, confused about what was going on.

"Shinsou did a test for his online school. Come on, let's see what level you're going to be at."

After all of that was done, Meian left to go home to the cave.

----------

The next day at work, Touya keeps thinking and thinking about how he's going to say it.

'I have to think of a good reason to get what I want, but I can't tell them the truth. But what if they have someone who has a truth quirk?? Then I'll have to at least tell part truth, don't I? I can't tell them about Meian though. Urgh... what should I say...??'

"Hey, waiter. Do your job properly!" A customer snapped him out of his thoughts.

"Oh! I'm so sorry." Touya quickly apologized.

"Huh. He can't even do his job properly. He's better of a villain." The man mumbled. He may think no one had heard him, but Touya did. And it hurts.

Some of the customers didn't like him because of his scars. They said he looks like a villain. He couldn't blame them. He sometimes agrees with them. He looks like a villain, he scared everyone who looked at him. It was why he had trouble before Meian found him.

He didn't mind the bullies. He needs the money. He doesn't want to bother Meian more than he already had. He still had a favor to pay him, that's why he is so determined to join the League of Villains. 'Do it for Meian. Just for Meian.'

"Dabi, are you alright? You don't seem to be at your best."

"Ah, I'm sorry, Miss Claire. I will do better."

Miss Claire, his boss, is the only person who is nice to him. Touya does his job wonderfully. He's fast, never late, and efficient. Touya thinks that she's only nice to him because he does his job well. He's grateful for that. He needs the job.

After work, he walked to the bar. The misty guy, Kurogiri, had told him the address. He got in and was greeted by a guy who has hands all over his body. Even his face.

He was known as Shigaraki. Touya met him the other day, when he was warped by Kurogiri to the bar. The meeting was not pleasant.

"So, have you made up your mind yet?"

"I have. I do have a few conditions if I am to join."

"Conditions? What a waste of time! You should just go." Shigaraki said while scratching his neck.

"Tomura, we should listen to what he says. He could be a wonderful asset to the team."

"Urgh! Fine, what's your condition?"

"First, You let me do anything my own way. If you ask me to do something, fine, I'll do it, but I'll do it my way. Second, I come here when I want. You can make a schedule or something, but I have work too. It'll be suspicious if I just suddenly disappear."

"Hold it!" Shigaraki cut him off, "I'm fine with the first one as long as you get the job done. But the second? You're going to live here anyway."

"That brings me to the third. I will live in my own house. I have someone else living with me. It'll be suspicious to him if, again, I just disappear."

"You have someone else with you? Why not just kill him?"

"I'm also human, Shigaraki. I have something I love. If you ever lend a hand on him, I will not hesitate to fight for him."