Chapter 89 - Sibling Love

"Do you really have to show off like that?" Utau pouted.

"Show off?" Meian innocently repeated.

"Yeah! You were jumping all over the place like an uncontrollable child!"

"Oh, I actually have to do that to get to the top of the tree without a ladder."

"Wait, really??"

"Mhm. If I don't, then... Well, I'd fall."

"Well, since the tree is finished now, let's get the presents under the tree." Kazuhiro announced.

The family splits up, getting their prepared gifts for one another.

"Meian, can I talk to you?" Mikalah called him.

"Hmm? Sure." He walked over to her.

"Let's go out so we can't be overheard." She went out of the house and Meian followed.

"What is it that you want to talk to me about, ma'am?" He asked politely as the door closed.

"Just a question, and I want you to answer honestly."

"Okay?"

"You're a kid, aren't you? Under fifteen years old?"

"W-wha?"

"Please answer honestly."

After a moment of silence, Meian nodded. "Y-yes... I am..." He looked her in the eyes. "May I know how you know?"

Mikalah smiled, softly. "I am a deaf mother of four children. I use my eyes to observe them. See them grow, see how they're feeling. And when I see you, I feel like seeing Akechi when he was eleven."

Meian was speechless. 'She guessed my age perfectly...'

"Of course, there were some acts that made you look like you're much older than you are. Especially your brain. When Akechi was your age, he was curious, yes, but not a genius. It was his curiosity that made him smart."

Meian looked at her fond eyes, talking about her child.

"Oh dear, I think I've rambled enough about Akechi." She laughed. "In conclusion, I know you're still young because being a deaf mother of four children, I learned the characteristics of kids in general."

"Well... I hope Shouta and Hiza aren't as observant as you, or else I'd be having lecture after lecture from them if they ever find out." He admitted. "By the way, don't you have presents to get?"

"Oh, not at all. My husband knows where I put them, and he'll put them under the tree for me. Let's get inside, shall we? Enjoy the rest of the night. Oh, and I won't be telling this to anyone. I swear on the lives of my children."

Meian chuckled. "Thank you, but even if you do tell someone, your children will be safe. Please don't swear on their life. I do appreciate you keeping it a secret."

----------

Touya was on his way home after meeting with the league of villains. Then from the corner of his eyes, he saw red and white. He looked towards it.

'Ah, it's just an advert.' He stopped to think. 'I wonder how Shouto's doing... He probably hates me...'

He gritted his teeth. 'Will it hurt to see him?' He pulled out a box from his pocket. 'This would really make a good present...'

He had gotten the box from one of the kids in daycare. Inside was a bracelet. It wasn't really expensive, and it's not even jewelry. It's just a bracelet that has a small locket. He put the picture of him and his siblings in there.