Chapter 87 - Magic Show

"Are you not going to deliver food to Aizawa and Hizashi?" Noah asked Izuku.

"Hmm? Oh, no. Not today. They're at Hiza's parents' house for a few days."

"Ooh, so you're spending more time with us?" Locco perked up.

Izuku giggled. "Yeah. I guess I am."

"How long would they be gone for?" Addison asked.

"Until the second of January."

"Woah, that's more than a week." Basil commented.

"Yaay! More time with Izuku!" Wink jumped on him, licking his face.

"Why are they leaving?" Everest asked.

"For Christmas and New Year." Izuku answered after Wink stopped licking him.

"What's Christmas?" Basil asked. "I mean... I know what New Year is based on the name, but what's Christmas?"

"Umm, I believe it's a celebration for the birth of Jesus." Izuku answered.

"So it's someone's birthday?"

"Someone very special's birthday."

"Cool. So they set up a birthday party?" Noah asked.

"Well, kind of. There's a Christmas party, I guess. Most kids are excited for the presents under the tree though."

"Tree? What tree?"

"People put up either a real or fake Christmas tree in their house and put presents underneath it."

"Why put a tree in the house in winter? It's not that pretty without the leaves."

"The tree has leaves. It's the kind of tree that still holds its leaves during winter."

"I still don't understand Christmas..." Addison admitted.

"To be honest, I never analyzed Christmas before. Hey, Addy. Wanna do it together?"

Addison smiled, nodding happily.

----------

"Hey, Shou."

"Hmm?"

"I feel weird not having Meian say 'good morning' to us in the morning."

"You're the one who said to give him a break for Christmas."

"I know... but I kinda miss him, you know?"

"Hey, love birds! Come have breakfast!" Hizashi's father called them.

"Coming, dad!" Hizashi responded. He grabbed Shouta's hand, dragging him to the dining table.

"I can walk by myself, Zashi."

"I know. Oh, have you put food in the cats' bowl yet?"

"Of course I have. I'm not irresponsible."

"Just checking. It's a new place, and sometimes people forget to do even the dailies."

"Yes, it's a new place. For the cats, your parents are new people. I'm a little worried they won't eat."

"What are you two babbling about? The cats love us! Look, they're eating." Hizashi's mother pointed to the cats, eating their food.

"Ah, that's a relief. It still amazes me that you can read my lips so fluently. I don't open them that big when I talk." Shouta opened his mouth a little bigger, talking to the deaf woman.

"Oh, please. With how many times you've been here all those years ago, of course I would be skilled in reading your lips."

"Anyway, what were you two love birds talking about on the couch? I am a curious man and I am not afraid to show it." Hizashi's father propped his head in his hands.