Chapter 117 - Unusual Valentine

"Izuku!" Basil hopped right onto Izuku's laps. "Izuku, I'm here. You're not alone anymore, okay? I'm so sorry I left you alone. I'm so sorry I didn't check if Addison and Wink were here with you. I'm... I'm... I'm just super duper sorry!"

"It's... it's okay, Basil. I'm also at fault for not contacting Everest when I felt not okay." Izuku hugged the wolf for comfort. "I'm okay now. Evy kept me company with the mind link while waiting for you to arrive."

Basil licked his face. "Did you know it was that traumatizing for you to be home alone? Tucker told us to be careful, so we never really left you alone much."

"I... didn't really think about it. I thought I'll be okay alone since I've gone out alone without you guys everyday. I guess being home alone is what I can't handle. It created a similar situation from when I lost my parents... They both left, I did something for them, I finished what I was doing but they haven't come home yet, then I checked the news to find out they're dead." He sighed. "It didn't help that I didn't know what some of you were doing."

"Izuku! I didn't know you were back! I came up with a thing we can play together!" Wink ran into the cave, wagging his tail. "Hmm? Are you okay? Your eyes are puffy. Were you crying?"

Izuku smiled, seeing the energetic wolf. "I'm okay, Wink." He reached out to pet him. "What game did you come up with?"

"Well, Kion, Addy, and I were walking around when I found this reeeaaally strong vine. I tried climbing the tree it was on and it didn't snap like it usually does! I thought we could get that vine and try to pull it to find out when it's going to snap!"

"Hmm... sounds a lot like tug of war..." Izuku smiled. "Though you really should stop trying to climb trees all the time." He giggled.

"It's fun! What's a tug of war?"

"Izuku, I'm here!" They heard Everest bark.

"I'll tell you later." Izuku smiled, standing up.

"I've called the others on the way here. They're all okay, no one is hurt, no one got into any fights-"

"Evy, it's okay. I get it." Izuku placed his forehead against the wolf's. "Thank you. I'm okay now."

"Really? Are you sure?" Everest whimpered.

"I told you that you've done well to fix your mistake." Addison sighed, coming in with Kion.

"Hey, Izu." Kion smiled

"Kion! You're here too?" Izuku's eyes shine with bright happiness.

"Yeah. The others are on their way, by the way."

"Tucker is going to be so mad at me..." Everest sighed.

Izuku tilted his head. "Actually Basil said something about Tucker too earlier. What did he say about leaving me alone? And when did this happen?"

"I guess you didn't understand us that well back then. It was in the beginning when you first came to the forest." Addison recalled.

"After you told us your story, I told them it's better if you were not left alone." Tucker calmly walked in, going straight to Izuku. "How are you, sunshine?"

"I'm okay, Tucker."

"Okay, good." Tucker sighed. "Since I know a bit more about trauma than the others, I told them that your situation may result in you being afraid of being alone. That's why I told them to always have at least one of us be with you. After you left to go to the city alone the first time though, I thought you'll be fine. But we never leave you alone anyway because we love you. I suppose this is the first time you're alone at home since you came here."