Chapter 110 - Dealing With the Assassin Problem

Izuku looked at the result of his retake of highschool online test.

"Woah, you got that without studying?" Feli whistled beside him. "That's great."

"It's worse than the last time I took it though... look, that's the score I got last time."

"Izuku, that was ten years ago." Feli squinted.

"Still, I can do better. I better get studying." Izuku looked for PDF files for highschool books.

Feli sighed. "I'll help you quiz when you're done."

"Really? Thank you, Feli!" Izuku smiled brightly.

Feli looked at his bright smile. "Hey, can I ask you something?"

"Hmm? Of course! What is it?" Izuku tilted his head, still smiling.

Feli blinked, and looked away. "Nevermind. I'll ask after you're satisfied with your test result."

Izuku frowned, then shrugged. 'If he's gonna ask after, then I'll just have to wait.'

----------

For a few weeks, Izuku has been studying. If he had to come out of his shell, then he wanted to be perfect so he could convince the heroes to not make him go to the system.

'If I get a perfect mark on this, then they'll be convinced I am not lacking in education even without parents... or school.'

"Hey, aren't you going to let me quiz you?"

"I'm not ready, Feli. I need to get perfect marks."

"And me quizzing you is going to help find out where you're lacking. You keep refusing everytime I ask."

"I want to test myself to get it right the first time. I like the challenge." Izuku smirked.

Feli raised a brow. "You're just scared, aren't you?"

Izuku paused. "What do you mean?"

"You're scared to fail. That's why you're not taking a step forward."

"I- I'm not-"

"Maybe you're doing it subconsciously." Feli shrugged. "In your mind, you think if you don't take a step forward, you're not gonna fail, because you haven't tried."

Izuku bit his lip.

"I'll give you more time to study. However, I want to quiz you today if possible. At least try, okay?" Feli ruffled his hair before moving to the other side of the cave.

Izuku huffed. 'Am I really scared? I just want to be confident that I will get a perfect score...'

Addison licked his hand. "You can take your time, Izu. Though you need to keep in mind the time you currently have." She paused to think. "Four months, right?"

Izuku nodded. "Yeah... wow, it's been a month since I submitted the paper... Nezu hasn't said a thing." He bit his lip. "Neither has Kacchan. No mails or news. I'm... not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing..."

Addison smiled. "That still means you can take the exams, so it's good news that you can attempt to be a student there."

Izuku smiled. "Yeah, you're right. Thanks, Addy." He petted her.

----------

After dinner, Izuku went up to Feliciano. "I think I'm ready to be quizzed."

Feli looked up at him, as he was laying down. "You sure?"

Izuku nodded, nervous.

Feli sat up. "You look like I'm about to munch you. Relax, kid. You're the one who said you wanted to get it first try. Are you absolutely sure you're ready?"