Chapter 111 - Assassin Mission

Izuku was annoyed.

The air around his pack has been awkward since he woke up. Well, awkward for him. The wolves seemed... excited? They also seem to be closer to Feliciano.

Izuku looked at Addison while doing his push-ups, pouting. She has a content kind of face and he wanted to know what it's about.

"Wait for breakfast, Izuku." Addison said, noticing. Izuku's eyes widened as the wolf had the audacity to wink at him. 'Okay, now I really want to know what's going on.'

----------

Once everyone sat down, Izuku couldn't hold himself back anymore. "Okay what is going on? I've been itching to find out why you're all so..." He struggled to find the word.

Feli smiled, holding his laugh.

"Hey! You too!" Izuku exclaimed, pointing at Feli. "Can you please just tell me? Please?" He pleaded.

Feli looked at Addison. "Should I or should you?"

Addison nodded her head towards him.

"Alright then. Addy here, spoke to me last night." He started.

Izuku blinked at that information. "She did? Like, she spoke human to you?"

Feli nodded. "It was surprising to me too. Anyway, she told me that the wolves have trusted me enough to let me have my freedom back."

Izuku processed the information, then dread filled his body. "Y-you mean... you're leaving?"

"If you'll allow me. I can come back of course. Addison told me I can do that too."

"B-but... if you leave... you'll have to earn money again..."

"I promise I won't be earning money the same way before I met you. Addison told me you know a place?"

Izuku bit his lip. He knew he did. "I just... I'm so used to you living here already... What about the quizzes? A-and you said you had something to tell me about school life for quirkless."

Feli softened, looking at the child he had lived with for months. "Do you not want me to leave?"

"I-it's not like I want to keep you here forever. I'll just... I'll miss you..."

"Izuku, you know I've grown fond of you. I'll come back. I'll still be with you. At least until you're prepared for UA." He waited for him to say something, but he didn't. "Also with this freedom I've got, I can protect you from those pesky assassins."

Izuku looked up at him and pouted. "Don't kill them."

"I won't kill them, don't worry. I'll just take care of the one who hires them."

"Don't kill... whoever that is either."

"Listen to me." Feli locked eyes with him. "I will do my very best to put an end to this assassin madness. Whatever it takes to protect who I care about."

"Without killing?" Izuku pleaded.

"I will do my best to end it as peacefully as possible for you, but it really depends on this person. So, no promises." Feli answered.

Izuku curled his lips. "Okay... as long as you try your best. But even then, go beyond that!"

Feli chuckled. "Plus ultra?"

Izuku blushed. "I didn't even realize..."

"A UA student by heart, ey?"

Izuku smiled. "You'll visit even after I go to UA, right?"