Chapter 53 - Friends

Meian and Rei got into talking. Meian got more information about how Enji was before he went power crazy, and was actually a good hero despite his competitive side wanting to be number one.

"So what do you usually do here?" Meian asked curiously.

"Oh just normal stuff. Some therapy from time to time, but I mostly look out the window."

"Oh, yeah. You were looking out when you found me. You must crave to go outside, don't you? Being cooped up in one place isn't really the best feeling."

"There's an indoor garden here, but... yes, I do want to go outside. I mostly just want to see my children. Being free from here is just a bonus."

'You might not have to wait that long to see one of them.' Meian thought of Touya. He was doing great with Hitoshi's help.

"I often look out the window and hope that maybe one of my kids would walk where I could see them. Just to see they're doing alright."

Meian followed Rei's gaze out the window. Over the buildings, he could see what looked like a fight. 'What the- flames? Blue flames at that??'

"Oh, looks like there's a fight going on."

"I'm gonna go see. I'll talk to you sometime, Rei."

"Save them, Meian." She smiled, waving as he went off.

----------

Meian jumped from roof to roof. The two colored fires were getting clearer and clearer to see. 'It's definitely Touya's blue fire... what the heck is he doing? Fighting another fire user?'

Once he got close enough to see the two people, his eyes widened. 'Why is he fighting Endeavor?! Of all of the heroes, he had to fight Endeavor!'

He observed, he found an opening to swoop in and dragged Touya out of the fight.

"Touya, what the heck are you thinking?!"

"You said you wanted to kill him, so I'll do it for you. I figured you wouldn't want to break the law after so long not breaking any."

"Touya! Didn't you listen to my plan? I wasn't going to break any law if I didn't literally kill him!"

Touya was silent for a few seconds. "You weren't going to kill him?"

"I should've guessed you weren't listening when your eyes were blank." Meian rubbed his face out of frustration. "What did I say?"

"What?"

"Tell me the exact words I said."

"You said you're going to kill that abuser and you need my help?"

"Exactly. Touya, think. I didn't say I'm going to kill Endeavor or Enji Todoroki. I just said I'm going to kill his abusive side. Do you get what I'm saying?"

"I..." Touya realized his mistake. "I'm sorry..."

"Good thing I came, huh? Now we gotta postpone the plan."

"W-why?"

"Your mind is obviously still set on having revenge to kill Endeavor. We have to change that mindset, Touya. There's better ways to get your revenge than to kill."

"There is?"

Meian sighed. "Let's get you home, shall we? We can discuss this tomorrow."

Touya followed Meian to his house. When he was about to leave for the night, he stopped him. "M-Meian... I'm sorry... for ruining your plan..."

"I'm not mad, Touya. This just proves that you're not ready yet. I should've phrased it better anyway, so it's kind of my fault too." Meian sighed. "If you're still wondering, try to think of some ways to get revenge without killing, okay? I'll come back tomorrow evening to see if you've figured it out." He left before Touya said anything, leaving him speechless.