Chapter 31 - A Week Of Misery

The next morning, a nurse came and brought breakfast. Meian thought about his breakfast in the cave. He didn't want to eat...

Another doctor came in to check on him. He told him that Shuzenji had gone back to UA and he was the one who would keep him monitored. He understood or just... didn't care.

In the afternoon, Tsukauchi came. He asked about what had happened  in the  villain's lair. He told him the truth. He was captured on purpose to rescue Midnight and Vlad King, but he failed to escape. After that he got tortured by the villains and ended up being hospitalized. He didn't forget to mention Ryuto and what the villains are going to do to him.

----------

Tsukauchi can't help but think that something is off about the vigilante. He seemed... less energetic. 'Well, he had just been rescued from torture. Of course he's going to be less energetic.' He brushed it off as nothing to worry about.

"I don't know... he just didn't want to eat." He overheard some nurses talking.

"Excuse me, but who are you talking about?"

"Oh, Detective! You're the one who interviewed the vigilante, right? I guess it's alright to tell you..." The nurse glanced over to the other as she nodded. "We gave the vigilante breakfast this morning,  but when we came back, the plate was still full.  He said he wasn't hungry, but I could hear his stomach growling. He just wouldn't eat..."

'That's strange. Didn't Meian give Aizawa breakfast once?  Isn't he strict on those kind of stuff? I'll tell Aizawa later. Maybe he could do something about it.'

----------

Aizawa was grading papers when his phone vibrated. He wanted to ignore it and finish grading first, but it keeps vibrating in his pocket and it annoys him.

He took his phone out and saw texts from Tsukauchi.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Tsukauchi

Aizawa

I went to the hospital to take Meian's statement

He seemed less energetic

But of course, he was just rescued from being tortured

So I ignored it

But I overheard some nurses talking

They said Meian didn't want to eat

Even though his stomach is growling

Do you have an idea why?

Aizawa

First, just put that in one full text. It's annoying to have my phone vibrating when I work

Second, no, I have no idea. He seemed fine when we visited him yesterday

I'll go check on him later

Tsukauchi

Alright

Keep me updated?

Aizawa

Sure

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Aizawa put his phone back in his pocket and continued grading papers. In his mind, everything Tsukauchi had told him keeps playing.