21 | Fight by the Black Lake

Fight by the Black Lake

Elizabeth gave the boys and girls all their gifts from Gryffindor in the common room the next morning. She wore the same dress, just in blue instead of brown, and headed down to breakfast to see her boyfriend. That still felt weird to say. Alexander. My boyfriend.

The ten Gryffindors headed to breakfast, she sat down with them and began to eat her porridge. She then remembered the bags of gifts in her hand, and got up and headed to the Slytherin table. She gave Eve, Lil, and Dromeda their gifts and sweets and headed back over to the table in red and gold to find her four Hufflepuff friends sitting with them.

"Hey, guys," she said as she sat in between Sirius and Peter.

"Morning," Jack, Alex, Seb, and Ava said.

They ate their breakfast, Elizabeth flushing a light colour of red on her cheeks as Alex spoke to her, and they all made their way to the Gryffindor tree, by the Black Lake.

Lily, James, Sirius, Remus, Marlene, Dorcas, Peter, Annalee, Mary, Jackson, Elizabeth, Alexander, Sebastian, Ava, Frank, and Alice spent a good amount of time there. They said it's too hot and they decided to go for a swim.

Sirius and Remus were off swimming in a swimming race against Ava and Seb. Frank and Alice were sitting at the tree, probably flirting. Marlene, Mary, Dorcas, Elizabeth, Alex, and Jackson were having a massive water fight against each other as James flung Lily under the water. Everyone froze when they heard a massive scream.

They all turned to see James with wide eyes and an amused grin plastered to his face.

"WHAT THE FUCK JAMES!" His grin fell. Lily only ever swore when she was truly mad.

"I-I-"

"I-I-I YOU BLOODY WHAT? HMM, YOU THOUGHT IT WOULD BE FUNNY WATCHING ME DROWN, DID YOU!"

"Come off it, Evans. I had you, calm down."

Elizabeth closed her eyes and prepared herself for it.

"CALM DOWN!" Lily screeched. A few people had stopped and gathered at the edge near Frank and Alice to watch the scene unfold. "JAMES POTTER TELLING ME TO CALM DOWN! MERLIN, HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND? FLINGING ME ABOUT AND THEN FUCKING TICKLING ME AS I'M UNDER THE FUCKING WATER!"

James went to open his mouth but she quickly cut him off again.

"YOU'RE ALWAYS TRYING TO BLOODY SHOW OFF AROUND ME. BULLYING SEV, ACTING LIKE A FUCKING EGOTISTICAL TOE RAG AROUND ME. Oh Evans this, oh Evans that, JUST BLOODY STOP IT, YOU INSUFFERABLE GIT!"

James' mouth was agape. His face wore a look that could only be seen as pure hurt. When Lily had calmed down, she immediately felt guilty.

"James," she began but he quickly shook her off.

"No. You're right. It's fine, I'll leave you be, Evans." He trudged through the water and climbed on the bank as walked through the crowd that had cleared a path for him back to the castle. He was soon followed by Sirius, Remus, and Peter.

Ava, Jack, Alex, and Seb just glanced at each other awkwardly and made their way over to Frank and Alice to dry off. The crowd had dispersed now and had gone back to whatever they were doing before. Muttering and glancing, Lily stood in the lake drenched and staring off into the direction of where James had just left.

Marlene told Dorcas and Annalee that she would see them later and be sure to let Peter know that he'll see them tomorrow.

Soon it was just Mary, Marlene, Lily, and Elizabeth in the lake.