He's Your Teacher (Luke)

Floppy Dishtowels unite. First day of my job was today. Woo? Major anxiety attack, but I have Wattpad and you guys to help. Love you xx ENJOY

First day of school. Yippee. What could be more exciting than math? Wait.....wait for it....everything. Everything is more exciting than math. What were you thinking? Geez. Anyways, today was the day to meet the other students and teachers blah, blah, blah, yeah, yeah. Last class of the day just had to be math. Why couldn't it have been like...no class? Yeah let's go with that.

Sitting at your desk, you awaited the creaky old man that would be showing up to 'teach you young folk how to be good with the numbers'. The bell rang and the rest of the students filed into the room and you heard a really quite adorable laugh. A boy walked in the room with a button down blue shirt which accented his massive shoulders and black jeans. His hair was perfect. How do guys keep their hair up? Are there like Popsicle sticks in there? His smile was intoxicating and the little black lip ring that hung from his bottom lip was a total weakness. You had to know him.

He cleared his throat and stood at the front of the room with his hands together.
"Alright class. I'm your teacher Mr. Hemmings and I will be teaching you how to improve your math skills for the final exams. I know that's a long ways away, but it's always good to be prepared."
Holy hell. He was your teacher.

A shy girl named Cassie raised her hand and Mr. Hemmings smiled at her and urged her to ask her question.
"Um...excuse me? But aren't you like a student? You look way too young to be a math teacher."

His face fell and he sighed. "My secret is out. I'm a teacher....and I'm young! Oh the horror!" He grasped his chest dramatically and some of the girls giggled.
"Nah the truth is, I've loved math since I was younger. In fact my mother was a math teacher before I was. I just got my good mathematics from her." He grinned and you swore one of the girls in the back fainted.

He rolled up his sleeves to his elbow and you got a great view of his forearms. No complaints there.
"Since today's the first day, we aren't going to just dive into the books. That would be punishment. Today, we are playing a game."
A sigh of relief washed over the class and he chuckled.
"That doesn't mean there won't be math involved."
Groans took over again.
"Now hold up. Are you saying you don't want to learn math in math class? Do you know how many times I've said math in the past five minutes?"
A girl piped up with a loud, "Yes!" That made the class laugh. Mr. Hemmings shook his head and sat on the edge of his desk.
"I guess that means no one gets free lunch."
Suddenly everyone's attention went to him. He actually uttered the words 'free lunch'. The rarity of that sentence is insane.
The same girl that shouted raised an eyebrow.
"We're listening."

Mr. Hemmings looked over the class and his eyes stopped on you. Your heart sped up and you could feel your cheeks turn red. He smiled at you and motioned you up to the front of the class.
"Would you mind being my assistant...?"
"Y/N." You squeaked.
"Would you mind being my assistant Y/N? I promise I won't make you dance or ask any boys out." He joked and your face got hot. You just nodded and he pat your arm.
"Excellent. Thank you."

He explained the rules of Hemmings Equations and it seemed pretty straight forward.
"And then the winning team will be taken out to lunch with me. Deal?" He ended and the class responded with "Yes." "Kinda." "Anything for free lunch" and "What?". He then turned his attention to you and winked.
"Since you were the only one really paying attention, I won't make you do the math part. You can just write the scores on the board." He compromised and handed you a black erase marker, your hand brushing his. He didn't seem to notice it, but you certainly did. His hands were warm and soft. And pretty damn big compared to yours. Now if you could only just hold them....

"It's a tie between team "Ball" and team "Sack". Really guys? You couldn't have thought of better names?" You announced and rolled your eyes. The guys in the groups giggled while the girls just shook their heads in denial.