Red Nose Day

Hello Dishtowels! Today is Red Nose Day and I thought I'd contribute to make people laugh. In the last chapter, Ash was working at KFC and Mr. Hanson mentioned the Colonel Sanders incident. I thought I'd elaborate on that ;) So I hope you guys think this is funny and I love you!

You can buy a Red Nose at Walgreen's today for $1! The donation goes to children in need xx

The Colonel Sanders Incident

The Colonel Sanders incident was often tugging at Ashton's mind, the thoughts making him cringe. During his KFC days, his boss had made him do some interesting things for promotional purposes. That one fateful day, would live to haunt him forever.

"Ashton! Get over here!" Mr. Hanson barked, crossing his arms over his very large chest.

Ashton fixed his hat and strode over to where Mr. Hanson was standing. "Yes sir?"

"Business is getting a little slow and I have just the job for you." Mr. Hanson led the way to his office.

On the desk in front of them, was a completely white suit and pants, a white wig, glasses, and fake facial hair.

"You've gotta be kidding me." Ashton mumbled.

Mr. Hanson placed the costume in Ashton's hands and gave a small smile. "Make me proud Sanders."

Once Ash was in costume, he felt ridiculous. And a little itchy. He pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose and gave himself a glance over in the mirror. "My god."

Just then, the bathroom door swung open and his co-worker Donny walked in. "Um. You look like Walt Disney got smacked in the face with the creepy hammer."

Ashton didn't know how to react to that, so he put on a fake smile and saluted Donny. "Well I should hop, skip, and skedaddle on my way to entertain them kiddies."

Donny blinked and moved out of the way. "Good luck."

He was definitely going to need it.

The whole day consisted of children tugging on his sleeve and handing him chicken. Chicken is nice and all, but Ashton would rather have a piece that wasn't already chewed on.

"Closing time! Ashton, you got kitchen clean up duty." Mr. Hanson called from his office.

"Oh goody." Ashton grumbled, wiping parts of a biscuit off his tie.

He waltzed back into the kitchen and grabbed the mop. He mopped and swept and cleaned up all the weird substances of the day. He turned on his iPod and put on his headphones, letting the sound of Phil Collins drown out the hum of the freezers.

He quietly rocked out while he wiped down the counters. He bent down to pick up some scattered chicken buckets and he got an idea.

Ashton arranged the buckets upside down on one of the counters and grinned at his idea. He waited for the perfect moment in the song and lightly tapped his fingers over the buckets.