You're A Princess (Part 2 Luke)

Hi Floppy Dishtowels!

How is everyone? People going back to school? Woohoo.
This semester I'm taking British Literature, Songwriting, and Voice Lessons :) I can't wait to start.

Now we move on to the tall and lanky prince ;) Love you xx

Luke:

Things in Cliffdale have gotten better now that Luke was to be your betrothed.
Since that shelf incident, you couldn't hide your feelings for the servant boy. His blonde hair falling in his eyes, the way he chewed his lip if he was thinking hard. For some reason, you couldn't get him out of your head.

"My love, are you ready?" Luke whispered, brushing your skin lightly with his warm fingertips.

You gently leaned into his touch and nodded.
"I am. The question is, are you ready?" You asked, fixing a stray hair.
Luke chuckled and took hold of your other hand, tracing the veins that ran up your wrist.

"Y/N, as long as you're by my side, I shall be fine." He grinned, patting your hand. "I'm not intimidated."

Today was the day of your coronation, as well as the day you were to announce your engagement. You were nervous, but knowing Luke would be your king made the anxiety subside.

"Your Highness." The coachman said, helping you out of the carriage. You gladly took his hand and smiled kindly at the man.

"Thank you."

Luke followed suit and offered his elbow for you, a smirk appearing on his lips.

"What's wrong with you?" You questioned, taking his arm.

"I'm just thinking about our first kiss milady. The expression on your face was quite admirable," He admitted, leading you into the palace.

"You were very upset with me," You recalled. "I was trying to make you miserable."

"Yes I remember. But my dear, I was only miserable because I hadn't kissed your lips yet. Also because of those horrid shelves. I was about ready to snap one of those boards." He muttered, making you giggle.

"Places!" A woman screeched, running around frantically to get the coronation moving.

Luke stood by your side and gave a slight squeeze to your arm. "It's going to be just fine my love."

You nodded and took a deep breath, waiting for the harp music to play.

"Kingdom of Cliffdale, I present to you, your future queen." Commander Johnson announced, opening the doors to the grand ballroom.

You took a step inside and suddenly all eyes were on you and the blonde on your arm.

"Isn't he the servant?"

"How outrageous! He's not even a prince!"

"He's very interesting looking isn't he?"

The voices started spreading the poisonous words and you tried to ignore them. Luke brought you back to reality by lacing his fingers with yours. His hand was warm and fit with yours like the pieces of a puzzle.

"Princess Y/N. Do you honor the oath of Cliffdale and will you uphold the position?" Commander Johnson asked.

"I will. I promise to protect Cliffdale with my heart and soul."

Luke smiled at you from the side, watching his future bride become queen.

"I present to you, Queen Y/N of Cliffdale."

The room was in an uproar and the applause was deafening. Your heart fluttered and the grin on your face kept getting bigger and bigger.

"Queen Y/N. We understand you have something to announce to the kingdom. Why don't you say it now?" Johnson insisted, bringing you up to the podium.