Save Me A Spark (Calum)

Alright dishtowels! You've been voting for a week, and the lyrics for Calum definitely won. So I hope you guys like the story that goes along with this! xx

While everyone is sleeping, I am wide awake, coz hearts are only open when they break.

Calum's P.O.V

The rain patters against my window and rolls down in big fat drops. I glance at the lit screen and realize it's almost two am. I haven't slept a full nights sleep in days. Her smile haunts me and makes me flinch from the pain she left.
Looking back at my phone, I see the notification I've been waiting for. Y/N.

Calum how are you doing? Can I come over? Do you need anything?

Her text fills me with the warmth that the blankets and coffee can't bring. I tap my response and quickly send it to her, hoping she hasn't fallen asleep again.

I'll be there in a few. xx

I look back out the window and imagine nothing but silence and broken hearts awake at this hour. Thunder cracks and reminds me that I'm not alone. The lightning follows and lights up the sky, the only beam of light that seems to mean something.
How did this happen to me?
Why did I think that she would understand?

The knock on the door scares me off my bed, taking my duvet with me.
I quickly run down the stairs and open the door.
Y/N's sweet face peered up at me and her hands held the box of donuts.
"C'mon. You're going to laugh and smile. You deserve it." She said, dragging me back up the stairs.
Her warm hand clutches mine, intertwining our fingers.
"Y/N thank you." I speak softly. Her steps falter and she squeezes my hand.
"You don't have to thank me for being your friend. I'm always here for you."

She sits on my bed and divides the donuts, being careful to keep the sprinkled ones away from the powdered sugar. She licks her fingers and wipes the sugar off on her pajama pants.
"Ok. We have sugar, sprinkles, jelly filled, plain, and cinnamon. Pick your poison." She grins, patting the bed beside her.
I sit next to her and pick one of the sprinkled donuts, looking at her for the Ok. She nods and kisses my cheek.
"Now tell me what's going on Cal. You haven't talked to me in a week. I'm worried about you."
I look in her eyes and feel the tears well up. All the pent up emotions flow out of me and I let it all out.

"She didn't care that I was feeling depressed and stressed about being away. She brushed it off and told me it didn't matter. She said my feelings didn't exist and that I needed to 'man up'." I explode. The anger and hurt is pulsating through my veins.
"I thought she'd understand. Instead, she took her things and left."

Y/N's hand finds mine again. She looks in my eyes and gives me a sympathetic gaze.
"Calum I am so sorry. I wish you would've told me. I'm sorry she did that. What can I do?" Her words sink into me and comfort me.

"I just...I want someone to tell me that it's OK to feel like this. That I'll be Ok." I rub at my eyes and feel the exhaustion kick in. Y/N's arms wrap around me, holding me tight.

"Calum. Everything will be ok. I promise. I know it hurts, and I know it's scary. It's so hard to be alone and feel like no one cares. You're not alone Cal. I will always be by your side whenever you need me. Don't be afraid to tell me anything." She kisses my forehead and tells me I'll be Ok. Maybe I'll believe it.

Y/N laughs, snuggling into my side as we watch movies and talk. Her heartbeat thumps against mine and I can hear the soft rhythm of her breathing. The soothing sound washes over me, healing the cracks and holes in my heart. I open up to her without fear because hearts are only open when they break.

I open my eyes to the sun streaming through my window and the smell of coffee wafts through the air. I must've fallen asleep during the movie. Y/N is nowhere to be found, but I'm guessing she's downstairs because otherwise, the person making coffee is a stranger. Not cool.

I pull on my black sweater and trudge my way out of my room and down the stairs. The sound of Halsey's Badlands drifts through the house and I hear Y/N singing along.

I walk into the kitchen and smile at the way she dances. I'm so lucky she's in my life.

"Y/N? Thank you. For everything. I can't thank you enough. You mean the world to me." I said, pulling her into a hug. She giggles and squishes me tight.

"If you ever need a spark, I'll always save one for you." She whispers, igniting the fire in me that spent too long in the dark.

(Awwh. My heart. I hope you guys liked it! I tried my very best to make it a good one! I love you!

I'm soooo tired! No good sleep since last Sunday! So much going on. In a good way this time. I got to see Halsey on Monday night! She was incredible! Absolutely love her. Seriously Wattpad and concerts are my life. Thanks for letting me share it with you. xx)

Why didn't my lyrics win? -Ashton

Nobody wanted to dance with me. :( -Luke

Mine is awesome. I'm happy with this turnout. -Calum

Well then. -Michael

Guys you all got votes. Shush. -Kenzie

This is great. Love me. -Calum

*hugs Calum* -Luke

Ok. This is fine. -Calum

Cake! Cake! Cake! -Kenzie

We don't have cake. -Ashton

I get it. -Michael