18 Days (Ashton)

I'm gonna do something a little different today. So in 18 days, Kenzie will be 18 years old. We're gonna count down in these fun chapters and we hope you, the floppy dishtowels, love it.

Y/N Meets Kenzie: Day 1

You waited nervously for the plane to land in the weird place called, Colorado. The air was quite dry and thin since it was a mile above sea level. Damn. The plane finally got to the gate and you grabbed your carry on, making your way to the front of the plane.
"Thanks for flying with us!" One of the cheerful flight attendants smiled. You nodded and stepped off the plane.
The DIA airport was ginormous and full of people from everywhere. It was a bit intimidating, but you trudged your way through the crowds. Glancing at the signs, you followed the arrows towards the Baggage Claim terminal. Should be simple enough.
You got on the mini train and held on for dear life to one of the poles. The train went incredibly fast and almost flung you into the back.
When it got to the correct terminal, you exited the train and looked for carousel 20.
17, 18, 19, and 20! You found it quickly and waited for the bags to start revolving on the belt.
"Y/N!!!" You heard a girls voice scream like a velociraptor shriek.
You spun around and saw a short, pudgy, dark haired girl run towards you. It had to be none other than Kenzie. The essence of dishtowel was very strong. Her flailing arms almost whacked several strangers, but she didn't seem to care.
"Ohmygod Y/N! Hi! Wow you're taller in person!" She breathed, looking up at you.
"Well you're shorter in person." You countered, making her laugh.
"Touché. Welcome to Colorado! We have hot summers, cold winters, and very dry air. Drink water and always wear sunscreen. Trust me." She muttered and you raised an eyebrow at her. She's definitely weird alright.

After getting to her smallish apartment, you were finally able to relax from your day of traveling.
"Ok so I have water, Gaterade, juice, and Vodka. What's your poison?" She offered and you shook your head at her sarcasm.
"I'll stick with water for now."
Kenzie sat beside you and grinned like an idiot.
"I'm so glad you're here! I know it doesn't seem like much, but it's much better when I have a friend. It gets kind of boring here. Especially because everybody thinks of Colorado as the pot state. Oi."
You giggled and sipped on your water, listening to Kenzie tell you about her hometown.
"So we need to go to this amazing pizza place called Pizza Casbah. Michael would be proud. It's basically across the street from CSU. That's where my brother goes to school. And my dad works there as a computer geek person."
Suddenly Kenzie's dog ran in and started jumping up on your lap. He licked your cheek which made you giggle.
"Oh sorry! This is Teddy! He's a sweetheart."
He was. His curly, white fur was soft and his brown eyes, very friendly.
"So Kenzie, I have to ask. What made you decide to write really bizzare preferences about 5SOS?" You asked, petting Teddy.
Kenzie took a deep breath and ran her hand through her hair.
"Well I actually started with writing One Direction preferences on Tumblr. The funny thing is, the first day I found Tumblr, I followed this account of three girls, all older than me, that wrote about One Direction. So I read through their blog and saw that they were looking for another admin." She started, taking a drink of her Gaterade.
"I figured I might as well send something in. These girls had been trying to find another admin for weeks. That very same day, they messaged me saying I was the new admin."
You blinked and looked at her.
"The first day you were on Tumblr?" You questioned. She nodded and grinned.
"Yup. The account had over one hundred thousand followers. Eventually, they got to know me and I'd write for them. But after a while, no one else would come on the blog. So it was just me.
Then out of the blue, the original owner deleted the account. I was disappointed of course, but I started new.
I came to Wattpad and wrote a pretty crappy 1D fanfic. Just terrible.
Then about a year later, I decided to try again. This time about 5SOS.
My style of writing has always been more humorous than anything else. I used my weird imagination to come up with interesting situations that other fanfic writers may not have written.
Before I knew it, I was getting requests and a following. I tried my best to give the readers an escape from the struggles of the real world. I feel like laughter is one of the best things in the world. Apparently a lot of readers liked it and latched onto my writing.
Within a year, I had two preference books, and a spinoff of Michael being a dark angel. The first book got up to four million reads in the year. Currently it's at 5.5 million.
I never thought my weirdness would reach that many people. And from all over the world. My floppy dishtowels mean so much to me. Because of them, I have the ability to do something I love."

She spoke from her heart and you grabbed her in a hug.
"Floppy dishtowels forever."
Kenzie hugged back and pet your hair.
"There there. I love you."
You giggled and got to the real reason you came.
"So when do I get to meet the boys?" You questioned.
She smiled and crossed her arms.

"Y/N!!!!" Standing at the top of the stairs, were none other than Ashton Irwin, Calum Hood, Luke Hemmings, and Michael Clifford.

(Hope you guys enjoyed the first part of meeting Kenzie! You'll be meeting us in the next few chapters! We love you! -Ashton)

Random fact about Kenzie #1

She never thought of writing for this long ever. She thought it would be maybe 30 chapters at most. You're welcome.

This is...interesting. -Calum

Another fact. She's a Luke girl ;) -Luke

She could be a Michael girl. *pouts* -Michael

She's not. -Ashton

She still loves you though. -Calum

Hehehehehe. -Luke

Why even are we doing this? I'm pretty sure Y/N doesn't even care about this Kenzie stuff. -Michael

Yeah. Y/N wants more 5SOS. Not this weird girl. -Calum

Awwh. -Ashton

Hey. Y/N loves Kenzie. I think. -Luke

Maybe. -Michael

I love Kenzie :3 -Calum

Only because she lets you play with her dog. -Luke

So? -Calum

Wow. Only love her for her dog. That's shallow Cal. -Ashton

What kind of person are you? -Michael

A dog person. *pets Teddy* -Calum