My guilty pleasure - Jo x theater kid!reader

Requested by: Zlurpii
AU: High school, senior year

Note: For the sake of this story to use specific characters, the sports team is CO-ED (Which rarely happens from what I've seen IRL) 

-

Jo and her teammates walked into the restaurant after a big soccer game. The game was a success with their team winning, thanks to Jo being the lead. As usual after every game and practice, they went to a restaurant with each of them choosing where to go. Today, it was actually Jo who chose this restaurant because she heard good things about it and it was new. She was curious to try it out. 

Jo signed in at the entrance since they had booked a reservation, and the rest of the team got to their tables.

Jo glanced at the stage the restaurant had indoors, noticing an announcement. She read that there was a sketch of a comedy performed by some of the students in Drama club at the private school that existed near her public school. 

"Lame." Jo mumbled, going to her seat. 

Jo and her team ordered their food, and watched as the show began to open. 

You were the lead performer of the sketch and began your comedic role as a girl who was oblivious to everything. You got deep into character, and many of the restaurant chuckled. 

Jo watched as you performed, and admittedly felt impressed by your acting skills. However, there was something else about you that she wanted to know more of, but she couldn't put a finger on it. You stood out from the rest of the other students, and seemed more passionate than they were. 

"That girl is impressive." Lightning said to Brick, referring to you. Brick nodded in agreement. 

Soon, the team was finished with their meal, and they all had to go. While everyone made their exit, Jo stayed back a little to watch you converse with the manager. She tried to pretend she was on her phone, so you wouldn't notice she was eavesdropping. 

"Thank you! I just plan to be an actress one day, so I enjoyed the opportunity to perform tonight." You smiled gratefully. 

"I'm sure you would make it! Keep up the good work. We'll see you next Friday." 

"Next Friday." Jo thought, exiting the restaurant. She made a note to visit the restaurant again next Friday to watch you perform. She convinced herself it was just because of how funny the show was. Comedy is one of her favorite genres, after all. 

Next week Friday, Jo and her team finished practice then decided to head for lunch afterwards as usual. Everyone talked about where they would like to eat, and Jo chimed in too quickly to ask, "Are we going to the same restaurant as last Friday?"

"No." Brick told you. "It's Bridgette's turn to choose, remember? Then it would be your turn to choose after others have chosen." 

"Oh." Jo replied, trying to hide her disappointment. 

Jo and the team went in their cars to head to the restaurant that Bridgette chose. To Jo's dismay, there wasn't any live entertainment, only a small TV for everyone to watch. 

Everyone began chatting among themselves, but Jo stayed silent and grew bored. She looked down at her hamburger then sighed. She knew she wanted to go to the restaurant from last week.

Jo stood up from the table, causing a few of her teammates to look at her in confusion. 

"Hey Jo, where are you going?" Zoey asked. 

Jo thought of something to say, then replied, "I just remembered I have something important to do, and I need to get it done or my mom would kill me."

"But what about your food?" Mike asked, as Jo was about to walk away.