Compatibility - Julia x male!reader

Requested by: JebtheCanadian
Setting: High school years 
-

You and Julia were total opposites in almost every way. She was a popular influencer who was outgoing and social, while you were more reserved and introverted. You have just moved into the neighborhood and were homeschooled. 

If it wasn't for Julia being your neighbor, you probably would have never met her since you barely went out. You were close to your family, but you didn't have many friends your age. You secretly had a crush on her, but you knew you two weren't compatible at all. She was too different. 

You weren't planning on lying, but things do get lonely. Sometimes you wondered what it would be like if you could connect with someone on a deeper level. It didn't feel realistic to you. 

You saw Julia outside taking pictures in her garden and you mustered up the courage to start a conversation with her, "Hi."

Julie turned towards you, stopping mid photo. "Um.. Hey." She gave you a quick, awkward smile before turning back to her garden and picking up where she left off. You stood there awkwardly, seeing she wasn't interested in talking to you.

"I'm just gonna.." You trailed off before walking away. You didn't want to violate her boundaries or upset her. It was worth a shot approaching her though. 

The next day, you spotted Julia dancing and recording herself on her front porch. You got curious and decided to strike up a conversation again, "You seem to like dancing."

Julia chuckled, giving you a bright smile. "Y/N, it's called a Tiktok trend."

"Tiktok?"

Julia shook her head in disbelief, "Tiktok is meant to be used as a social media platform. Sometimes people post videos of dancing or other trends. You should try it."

"I.. I don't have social media." You admitted, looking down. 

Julia's eyes widened in surprise, "What? How is that possible?"

You chuckled, taking a seat next to her, "I've never been allowed to use it. I never saw a need in it anyway."

"That's just.. Sad!"

You laughed, feeling your heart flutter. "Maybe to some people. How about you introduce me to your little world?"

Julia hesitated for a moment, before giving you a small smile. "Sure. You're going to have fun once you experience what you've been missing."

For the next few minutes, Julia began explaining to you about Tiktok trends, along with watching Tiktok videos with you. You began to develop a preference for memes, which she found very amusing. 

"How about one day we make a meme together?" You suggested. 

Julia smiled, "That would be fun."

You and Julia began picking which memes to make a video out of and you decided to go with the one where people use music and then do a skit. You both rehearsed it until you were ready to record it. 

You made a mistake during the first few tries but eventually got the hang of it. Julia was proud and she took a selfie with you afterwards. 

"I had fun." You beamed, watching the Tiktok with Julia. "I never realized what I've been missing."

Julia smiled, "Welcome to my world. You're in for many more surprises to come."

-

You spent more time with Julia for the next three weeks, not just with her helping you learn to use new technology tools, but also getting to know her as a person. You learned that she wanted to stop pretending to be someone she's not. You didn't understand what she meant by that.