Intervention - Zee x reader

Requested by: StephanieAjasa

Setting: High school. 

TW: This story addresses addiction, its side effects, along with relapse and withdrawal. This topic can be very sensitive and I made sure to research the best sources for this. 

You slowly sat down on the couch, feeling a sense of concern as you watched Zee drink after drink from a can of soda. Zee's addiction to soda was no secret, and you were worried about him. Because of his addiction, he often neglected his studies, was disconnected from the world and his family, and he was easily taken advantage of by people from school. 

"Zee." You spoke gently, concern lacing your voice, "Do you ever drink anything besides orange soda? That's the only thing I see you drink, and it always looks like you're making a serious effort to keep it down. What's in that stuff?"

Zee shrugged, nonchalantly, chugging down another can of soda. "Some radical stuff, dude. I just go with it."

You skeptically looked at his hands then your eyes trailed down to what looked like powdered weed in his pocket. You quickly realized the soda was spiked. You rushed over to Zee, taking the small bag out of his pocket, but Zee surprised you with a sharp glare on his face. 

"Mind your own business! I can do whatever I want!" He yelled at you, giving you a serious expression. 

You recoiled back, feeling a chill run down your spine. Zee felt his heart drop then he set his soda aside, bringing you into a hug. He felt bad for making you scared, and he didn't know what came over him. He struggled with this addiction for years, so he wasn't used to anyone bringing it to the surface. 

"I don't know what's wrong, but I'm here for you every step of the way." You told him, giving him a small smile. "Zee, do you want to talk about it?"

"I don't know." He sighed, frustration evident in his face. "I just.. spiraled out of control." 

You offered your hand and he took it, giving you a small smile. "Well, I'm here to help you get back on track."

You and Zee discarded his collection of orange soda into the trash, but not before draining it one by one, knowing it was contaminated. At first, Zee was hesitant and asked if he could keep one can of soda for memories, but you insisted that he start completely clean until he ensures his recovery goes smoothly. 

You were determined to support him through this difficult time, even if it meant making sacrifices. You had loved ones who struggled with addiction and the road was never easy, and you were ready to do whatever was needed to get him through this.

You gave him a proud smile as you saw his resolve, knowing how challenging this is for him and how progress doesn't happen overnight, but here he was, willing to take that first step. You knew it would take time and effort, but you were ready to start this journey together.

"Zee." You spoke, as he discarded his last soda, along with marijuana. "I'm proud of you." He looked at you, surprised. "Proud of me for what?"

"For taking the first step. I know it isn't easy for you, but you're doing it. You're trying to get better, and that's something I'm incredibly proud of."

Zee smiled genuinely, taking your words in. "Thank you, Y/N. That means a lot."

"Want to go somewhere to eat?" You asked, wanting to do something lighthearted with him to celebrate. 

"Sure." Zee smiled, wrapping his arm around you, walking with you out of his house. 

The two of you walked out of Zee's house, hand-in-hand, and headed towards the nearest restaurant. The sky was gray, but the air was warm, and the two of you were happy as can be.