Happy anniversary - Gwen x reader

AU: Adult
Requested by: @Ofherhopefulways 

-

You and Gwen were in her car on your way to the world water park for your one year anniversary. You both planned to stay in the hotel, after spending time in the water. 

You smiled at the girl next to you, as she hummed the lyrics to 'When I look at you' by Miley Cyrus, while she drove. 

You met Gwen back in Total Drama all stars, where she was placed in the villains team, and you were in the heroic hamsters. Gwen recognized you from Revenge of the island, when you took time to comfort her for feeling sad about being considered a villain, along with her breakup with Duncan. Since then, you two clicked, then eventually became something more. 

After an hour of singing out of tune and corny jokes, you finally arrived at the waterpark. 

"I think it's gonna rain." You say, looking up at the dark clouds, covering the sun. You set your suitcase down, and searched Gwen's car for an umbrella. You found one in the backseat. 

Gwen sighed, "I hope not. I really want our anniversary to be special."

"Babe, even if it rains, it will still be special. I promise." You told her. 

Gwen smiled at your comment. She really admired how you were able to look on the bright side of every situation.

"Look at all the rides!" You exclaim, pointing to the waterpark. "Aren't you excited?" 

"Yeah!" Gwen laughed. "But we gotta check in the hotel first."

You nodded, smiling. Your smile dropped, once you felt raindrops trickle all over you. Thunder crashes, and you quickly opened the umbrella, then put it above you and Gwen. You and Gwen quickly rushed inside the hotel. 

-

You and Gwen wait in line to check in to stay a night at the hotel.

"I can't wait till the rain passes, so we can enjoy the rides." Gwen says, hugging you. 

You smile, "Same here, babe."

"Attention everyone! For safety reasons, the waterpark is now closed and you are all advised to stay inside until authorities give the all clear." A voice says on the speaker. 

Gwen glares at the speaker, and says, "Are you serious? Ugh!" 

As you and Gwen were walking to your room, she complained the whole time. 

"This is a total rip off. I mean, it wasn't even confirmed to be a storm! What the hell?" 

"Gwen, it's okay." You respond, rubbing her back. "The day isn't over yet."

"I don't know, Y/N!" Gwen snapped. "This isn't going as planned. I just.. I don't know!"

You chuckled lightly, "Hopefully the storm will pass before nightfall. We'll figure something out."

Gwen smiled a bit, then walked inside the room with you. 

-

A few hours had passed and it was already almost dark out. The storm still hasn't passed, and you knew Gwen was pissed about it. You glanced at Gwen, who had her earphones in and pouting in the corner. 

You sighed, then instantly thought of an idea to make Gwen feel better. You crawled to her side of the bed, pulling out her earphones, smirking at her. 

Gwen groaned, "What did you do that for?" 

"Let's build a fort." You suggested, already gathering pillows.